Part Fourteen

The guards didn't ask any further questions when they realized who had finally arrived. The gates opened immediately and Lúthien was met by another elf on the other side.

The moment he took in her face, his jaw completely dropped. He began to approach her, but Abraxsis intervened before he could get too close.

"Watch yourself." He snarled

"Lúthien? This cannot be."

"It's alright Abraxsis." She assured and he stepped back

"My apologies, but do I know you?" Lúthien questioned

"It's Elros, don't you remember?" He said placing his hands on her shoulders

"I'm sorry, but I don't think we've met before." She turned to look at Abraxsis and he narrowed his eyes

"Lúthien my god what has happened to you?" Elros stared at the scar over her left eye

"What are you talking about?" She asked sterling away

"We thought you were dead! Where have you been all this time? The King has-"

"Wait-you thought I was dead?"

"You truly don't remember...do you?"

"Remember what exactly?"

"Lúthien you were shot, and your body toppled over the edge of the bridge and we never saw you again."

Lúthien began to piece everything together since she had awaken in the valley up until now. Suddenly a flash of visions, clouded her mind, causing her to fall to her knees in agony.

"Lúth-" Elros attempted to comfort her, but Abraxsis shoved him back

"I think we've heard enough from you, now where is your King?"

"I don't think that'd be a wise idea, our King isn't well-"

"Please." Lúthien pleaded "It's urgent." Elros knew that she'd drive him absolutely mad showing up like this. But what other choice did he have?

"Of course."

Elros lead them to the throne room, where the King spent most of his days away from the light. He hoped that Thranduil wouldn't take her memory loss too hard, for Lúthien's sake. When they arrived, he refused to go with them and urged her to go alone.

"The King is ill, don't take anything hurtful too personally."

"Will you not come with me?" Elros simply shook his head

"It's probably best if you went alone, the King will be very shocked to finally see you after all this time."

"Why? We're we acquainted somehow?" Elros didn't reply, he just looked down at his feet sorrowfully. She then turned to Abraxsis, placing a hand on his shoulder

"Whatever you hear, don't come in after me unless I say. Alright?"

"Alright."

"Good, hopefully I'll be back soon."

Lúthien approached the giant double doors that lead to the throne room. She didn't know exactly what awaited her on the other side, from what it seemed like she sounded rather important here. Or at least to the King.

She slowly passed through the threshold, the doors closing behind her. This was it, Lúthien would face the King of the Woodland Realm alone. Her footsteps echoed as she made her way up the steps that lead to the throne.