Part Seven

~15 Years Later~

"What do you mean you do not know of her whereabouts!?" The King bellowed from his throne

"Our most sincere apologies your Grace, but it seems she has indeed completely fallen off the grid."

"You're telling me you've lost her!? You swore to keep your eyes on Lúthien and now you've come here to announce that you've failed your jobs! I should have you executed!!"

"If I am so bold as to say your Grace..." one of them began, Thranduil nodded for him to continue. "It seems as if Miss Lúthien does not want to be found."

"What are you saying? She was never aware that I had you watching over her."

"You honestly think that girl of yours is clueless? Lúthien realized we had been keeping a watchful eye since the very first day."

"And you're point is!?" The King said becoming more frustrated with every passing moment

"The point is, that it's safe to assume that it was never her intention to return. Not even after her exile had ended."

"She wouldn't."

"What other reason does she have to just disappear like this? Lúthien obviously doesn't want to be found, at least not for now."

"Enough."

"I think that the exile has broken that little spirit of yours-"

"SILENCE! I WANT YOU BOTH OUT! NOW GO!" He yelled, pointing his finger in the other direction

The King didn't want to believe that his precious little spirit was now missing. Even though she had been exiled, he at least still had intel. For all he knew, she could be in danger or worse. But he didn't want to think about things like that, Thranduil needed to calm down before acting irrationally.

When Elros had heard about Lúthien being missing, he wanted so badly to tell the King that she wasn't returning. But he had promised not to say anything until after sentence was fulfilled. It had only been fifteen years and she already left the farm house. Even Elros couldn't believe it.

Later that evening Elros had been summoned to the throne room. He feared the King's anger, just like everyone else in the Kingdom.

"My Lord." Elros bowed

"I'm sure you've heard the news on Lúthien's status."

"Only that her whereabouts are unclear, what happened exactly."

"One of my soldiers had the nerve to tell me that he lost her."

"Would you rather he kept that news from you?"

"Did she tell you anything about where she might be going?"

"Actually no, she didn't tell me where she was going."

"So you know nothing about where she is currently?"

"No." Technically, Elros isn't lying to the King. Lúthien didn't tell him where she was going, only that she was never coming back.

"Very well, you are dismissed."

Thranduil watched as Elros left the room, he couldn't help but feel as the slightest bit of suspicion as he walked through those doors.

                                      *+*

As for Lúthien, she spent fifteen years on that farm, working and studying. Not only did she become stronger, but she had gained so much knowledge on subjects like language, history and the art of fighting. Everything she needed to know, she learned on that farm. But after she completed her studies, life had become dull once again.