Chapter 35- Taunting Sleepovers

[] A M E L I A []

It was when I changed into my pajama's and got ready for bed, that the event's of today kicked in. Instead of heading to bed, I sighed and went over to sit down by the big windowsill in the far corner of the room.

For the first time in a while, I thought of Levi and Brittany.

For once, I tried to remember them as my brother and best friend, and not 'killer' and 'murdered'.

I don't know if that was wrong of me to do so. All I know is that for once, I wanted to reminisce the times before the incident four years ago.

It wasn't hidden that Levi was in love with Brittany since before any of us could remember. Although Levi was a year older than us, we all went to the same elementary, middle, and even high school. And since Brittany was over at our house almost every other day, they had also developed a strong bond.

I noticed that he always tried to impress her. He always did what she liked and always adhered to her requests. Levi was a lost puppy when it came to Brittany.

He told me when when I was 12 and he was 13, that he was in love with my best friend.

At first, I took it lightly. I didn't think that love could exist at such an age. I didn't even properly know what it was. But he insisted it was real. He was so sure that he loved Brittany with all his heart.

So he tried harder. He tried to be the guy she wanted. But she never noticed him that way. For her, Levi had always been a friend, and more than that, just my brother. He was like family to her. So when Levi asked her out just before heading to high school, she rejected him.

The next year came and went by in a breeze. Before we knew it, Brittany and I were in high school. Instantly, Brittany and I were the attention of many people. We had already been somewhat popular in middle school, so that popularity transitioned to high school naturally.

With Brittany's party-like personality, and my preppy one, we were a popular duo in the school. It wasn't anything to brag about, but we were simply known. But what was more important was that Brittany and I weren't involved in any drama. We hated getting in between it and that's why we stuck so close to each other for so many years.

It's quite ironic how we unintentionally created the biggest drama in our city.

I wonder if she's laughing down at me now from above, since I had to deal with it alone all these years. Or maybe she was crying for herself. For all that she had to endure.

Or maybe she was crying because the last person she saw before she was killed, was me.

Her killer's sister.

Or for the fact that the one who she trusted so much, was the one who ended up being the one who lead her to her death.

Levi Harrison. My brother.

A choked sob escaped me and I brought my knees up to my chest. I rocked myself back and forth, trying to get all these thoughts out of my head. To get rid of the aching pain in my chest.

To get myself to be free.

But it didn't work.

The ringing in my ears kept growing and I found myself bringing my hands up to my ears to block out the noise. At one point, I finally got a grip on myself. My sobs simmered down to quiet hiccups, and I finally ran out of tears. I took in deep breaths to calm myself down, something I had grown used to after all the crying I did in the past few years.