Chapter 69- Taunting Bruises (2)

Hey lovelies, so I'm gonna be honest here. I could've cut Amelia and Leo's scene by like a chapter, but I think we all just needed them after how heavy these past few chapters have been. So here you go!

Also, if someone were to ask me what song I imagined as being Leo's dedication to Amelia now, it would hands down be "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran.

》《

[] A M E L I A []

"Let's stop Amelia. Let's stop this before we break."

I froze at his words, my heart shattering as I reeled through what he just said.

"You... you want to stop?" I asked unsurely.

He nodded, causing a burst of pain to spike through me. I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't see either. Black spots danced across my vision as Leo still faced away from me.

"I can't keep doing this. I can't wait for you to come to me every time I feel like running to you. I can't hide you from the world when all I want to do is shout and tell everyone how much I love you. I can't keep pretending that I'm not hurt every time you try to leave me. So we aren't doing this again Amelia," he said, shaking his head.

A sob racked through me as he said that and I brought a hand to my chest to numb the pain. Startled by the noise, Leo whipped his head around.

When he saw me, his eyes widened and he immediately took a step forward, falling to my feet in front of me.

"Amelia? Love, what's wrong?" He asked, settling on his knees in front of me.

He immediately reached up to cup my face in his hands, and I sobbed even harder. Hiccups broke out, choking me as I cried. Leo was hysterical too. He kept rubbing my back and arms, and any surface that could calm me down, but nothing worked.

"D-don't Leo. I- I'm s-sorry," I croaked out, reaching to cup his hands.

Leo froze at my words. His hands clasped my own tightly as I desperately tried to hold onto him.

"I'll do an-anything... just don't call it off. Whatever it is we have, I never want it to end Leo," I cried helplessly.

Leo's face contorted into one of confusion, until he finally realized something and his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Shit- Amelia that's not what I- you thought I was going to- oh hell no," he kept muttering.

He then pinched the bridge of his nose with his free hand and I cried harder.

"Leo," I said, tugging his hand.

He looked up at me, his face ridden with worry.

"I swear I'll change. I'll stop doing whatever you hate. Leaving, not calling, apologizing- anything. But don't leave," I finished off helplessly.

I was ready to get on my knees at this point. I was ready to beg for forgiveness for my insecurities. My eyes watered again and that's when Leo softened. He brought his hand up once again, cupping my cheek softly.

"There was so many ways I imagined this going, but this was definitely not one of them."

My eyes widened even further in confusion when Leo sat up on his knees. He brought both hands up to wipe away my tears and then he captured my hands in his and rested them in my lap. My sobs simmered down as I watched him.