Chapter 66- Taunting Loves

[] L E O []

My heart stopped beating.

There was no other way to describe what I felt, except for pure anguish.

I felt as if someone had ripped my heart out and laughed at me as they did so.

I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see the scene before me. Everything around me slowed down and I couldn't muster enough strength to look up and see who was shot. Amelia's scream was enough to make me want to close my eyes and never open them again.

Then suddenly, I heard something that made me breathe again.

"Officers, we have secured the culprit, and Amelia Harrison is safe."

I whipped my eyes open to see who had spoken and turned to see an officer closeby who was speaking into his walkie-talkie. I quickly looked back to the scene, my breath returning to my lungs.

One officer was on the ground, holding his arm as blood poured out. Another officer held a taser to Jackson, and he lay on the ground helplessly as the officer continued to taser him.

The gun wasn't in sight anymore.

Two officers ran to Amelia to get her ropes off and another called for an ambulance, kneeling beside the officer who was shot.

And I sat there on my knees, watching everything play out. They didn't notice me yet, as I was still a few ways away from the scene, but I still saw all of it.

The officers finally freed Amelia. Medics had arrived to take Jackson, and the officer, away on a stretcher. I watched as they took Jackson by me, looking pale and sickly, but alive. I turned to look at Amelia again. An officer was talking to her now, and despite the commotion around me, I caught everything Amelia said in between.

"He called me here. He said he had something of mine here. I had to come."

She then proceeded to tell the officer every detail ever since she left the house. She told the officer what Jackson had said, and the officer took her statement. Then, the officers finally parted and Amelia stepped through. It was then that an officer had seen me. It was the same one who I had followed earlier. He came running to me and stopped right in front of me.

"Hey, I told you that you aren't allowed here!" He said loudly.

I barely paid attention to him. My eyes were solely trained on Amelia. She had finally looked over to me after hearing the noise and her eyes widened when she saw me.

'Leo,' she mouthed, her eyes watering.

I turned to the officer then and quickly stood up, ignoring the tingle in my legs.

"I was just leaving."

And with that, I turned around and walked out of the warehouse.

* * *

I was fuming by the time I got back to the car. I wanted to just punch something. But I held it in for now, seeing the crowd of officers everywhere.

Arrests were being made, as officers caught Jackson's men and tossed them into any available police car. Paramedics were trying to bring Jackson back to consciousness in the ambulance. They were shutting the doors to the vehicle when I got there, and I watched as four officers boarded the ambulance as well, probably to arrest Jackson as soon as he woke up. Another ambulance was helping the officer who was caught in shooting, and thankfulky, the bullet had only scraped his upper arm.

I finally made it to my car, surprised to see that Andre was no longer inside. I looked around, only to find my gaze landing on Jamal and John a few feet away, talking to a few officers. They were giving their statements too I presumed.