Chapter 73- Taunting Conversations

Hey lovelies! Only a few more chapters left of Taunt, and I can't begin to express how grateful I am for all of you who've shown immense love to this book.

With that being said, I will be moving onto more projects, and if you haven't checked out my recent post about upcoming works, go ahead and do it! I would love feedback, dm me or comment in the conversation, but make sure to give your opinion!

》《

[] A M E L I A []

"They do that all the time. Forget others exist."

Leo and I snapped our heads up to see who had spoken. To my embarassment, Jamal, Gemma, Andre, and Dad were now also in the kitchen. Mom was standing in the same spot as before, a calculating look on her face.

I squirmed in Leo's hold, and he got the message, slowly putting my foot down on the ground. He got up quickly, after making sure that my foot was fine. I pulled off the counter, my cheeks burning as I saw everyone's gaze on us. Leo stood beside me confidentally, his arms folded behind his back, his posture straight as he looked at my Mom.

Mom watched Leo carefully, and I swallowed in nervousness, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"Let's have a talk Leo. On the porch now," Mom stated.

My heart felt as it would pop out of its chest as I saw Mom head towards the terrace, not bothering to hear Leo's reply.

I heard Leo sigh beside me, and I looked over to him to see him smiling at me.

"I'll be back, Moonie," he said lightly.

He started walking away from me then, and feeling anxious, I suddenly grabbed Leo's arm. He stopped and turned to me, his brow raised. I shook my head at him, telling him to not go, and he sighed. He reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear in a comforting manner. He winked at me then and started heading in the same direction as Mom, dropping my hand from his arm as he walked away.

I felt heavy as he walked away from me, and I only hoped that he could handle the force that was Cassandra Harrison.

On his way out, Andre and Jamal hooted and thumped his back in a way to cheer him on. Leo then passed Dad as he ate dip at the table. Dad held out his fist for Leo, and without blinking, Leo fistbumped my dad and started making his way for the backyard door. I chuckled at all the interactions and shook my head. I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulder, and I looked over to see Gemma also watching the scene before us.

"He's got this, Amelia," Gemma said with a grin.

I could only hope so.

Just then, the bell rang, signalling our first arrival. I headed for the door with Gemma. When I opened the door, I was elated to see Lillian on the other side. I had invited her after Mom told me to, and she had agreed after a bit of reluctance.

I smiled and leaned in to hug her when I saw her on the other side. She was smiling when I pulled away, and then walked in hesitantly. After grabbing her coat and introducing her to Gemma, we walked further into the house. From here, I could see that Jamal and Andre now had their hands in the dip too, and Gemma was walking over to join them.

I was thankful that mom made a spare dip that sat in the fridge.

Once in the living area, my Dad came over to join us. For a moment, both of them were silent. At last, Dad broke the silence and leaned over to give Lillian a comforting hug. It took Lillian a moment to react and hug him back.