Chapter 3...

THE DAY AFTER~~~~~

I woke up to the aroma of freshly cooked bacon and pancakes. I shot up and inhaled the air. I got up and stretched and went in the bathroom and looked in the mirror at myself.

Another day of school...ugh.

I Turned on the sink water and let it run on my hands. I filled my hands up with water and splashed it on my face.

"ARRRGH!" I yelled,"MY EYES!" . I almost fell to the floor not looking where  i was going and bumped into the door. I slipped and fell on my back. "owww" i cried out.

There was a knock on the door. "You okay in there?" i heard a soft voice say to me. "Yeah" i said, slowly getting up,trying to avoid the pain in my back. I opened the door and stepped out the bathroom, turning off the light. Dianna was standing in front of me. "Remember you have school today. You finally woke up early!" she said. I arched back, trying to get the pain out my back.

"OW OW OW!" I yelled. Pain shot up my back. "You must've fell hard" Dianna said making a face and walking behind me. "W-What are you about to do?" i asked, getting uncomfortable.

"im gonna fix it!"

"NO NO NO! Last time you did it, i had to go to the doctor cause i couldn't sit up!" i said moving away.

"Oh come on! I learned a different technique! Trust me! This wont hurt!" Dianna said walking behind me and bending me down. "I have a feeling this will hurt" I said.

"errrr. it wont" Dianna said putting her arm up above my back. "What do you mean 'errrr' ....Dianna- OWWWWW!" I yelled as Dianna hit her elbow against my back. " OW! THAT DID HURT! NOW I CANT-wow. It doesn't hurt anymore!" i said surprisingly. "See! Told you!" Dianna said." Now get ready!"

Dainna walked out the room and I grabbed my clothes off the dresser. I put them on and did my hair.

I heard Dianna call me from downstairs. "HUH?" I yelled. " you might have to ride the bus today!" Dianna called. I dropped my curling iron. "WHAAAAAT?!" I screamed. "Im sorry! But my car broke down! It has no gas!" Dianna called.

I sighed hard and put on my shoes. "I'll just walk then" i said.

Dianna popped in my door. "No." she said plainly. "You are not walking out there with those....people out there!" Dianna said."You know how crazy they are!"

"Well its better than riding that crappy old bus!" i yelled. "No! You are not walking!"

"You aint my momma!" i yelled. Dianna glared at me. Shed dont want me talkin' about momma. Ever since she died....If I ever bring up a subject by momma, she would either leave or glare me down till i stop.

Momma died when i was 10. We lived in a better place then. But since she died, We lost alot of money and couldn't pay the house bills. So they took the house away from us. Dad, his crackhead self left us on the streets, and died in a gang shoot out a few hours after. Months after, Dianna got a job at the strip club, just for money. That's when Tyler was one years old. I would hold him in my arms and protect him.

I didn't like going there, cause men would always try to hit on me....and take me to rooms, but i would fight them off. That's when Tyler was one years old. I would hold him in my arms and protect him. After a year of that, Dianna earned enough money to get us another house out in the ghetto. That's were we live now...

"HELLOOOO?"Dianna said waving her hand in my face, holding my book bag "Here! The bus is outside!".

I took the bag and walked down the steps. "Do i reaallly have to ride the bus?" I whined. "YEESSS you do!" Dianna said pushing me out the door to the bus.