September 5th

Sunday

10 am

Lance impatiently taps his foot on the ground. He has still twenty mintues left on this horrible train. There are some kids a few seats behind him; screaming as if their lifes depend on it. (It's probably just because of candy). And because of his stupid 'swear of ignorance' he can't text Keith, nor can he text Hunk. He's not particularly jealous of Hunk and Shay, but he just has this feeling. This feeling of being replaced. 

"Can I sit here?" A girl from around twenty years old stops his train of thougts, "Or is this seat taken?" she asks awkwardly, while staring down at her feet. She's pretty, Lance thinks. She has brown hair and freckled skin. Her green eyes look sparkly. Lance shakes his head and picks up the bag she was referring to and places it between his legs. The girl gives him a small smile in return, before she sits down. The girl smells nice; like a mix over lavender and roses. Lance feels wrong for feeling slightly attracted to her. He's still unsure about what he's feeling for Keith; not that it matters really. Keith made it very clear that he didn't like Lance that way. He has to move on, but he's afraid he can't. He feels this hope inside of him; hope that Keith's feelings towards him can change. Someday. 

"Are you okay?" The girl besides him asks very softly, "You look a bit lost." Her voice is just as angelic as her appearence. Lance finally dares to turn his head towards her. She looks right back at him. 

Lance swallows, "I'm fine, thank you," He decides not to start a whole conversation, but to just keep it short. He has enough to think about as it is. He turns his head towards the window again and drinks the  last sip from his water bottle; before throwing it away. 

The girl sehemed to have other plans, to Lance's discomfort. "You don't seem fine." she states. Lance sights, "Why are you even bothering talking to me?" The words had left his mouth before he could think them over. The girl chuckles softly.

"Because you don't seem like a guy on who I need to use the 'I have a boyfriend'."

"Maybe I have a boyfriend too."

"Do you?"

"No."  he says with a pout forming on his lips, making the girl laugh once again. He feels more comfortable talking to her now he knows she has a boyfriend. "I'm Lance." he says and finally looks at her again. 

She smiles, "Rey. So where are you headed to, Lance?" she asks warmly, taking her last earbud out of her ear, to make sure she's able to hear him properly. 

"To my friend." he replies in all honesty. He swiftly checks the time on his Phone. Five minutes left. Damn. He decides to return the question, "What about you, Rey?"

"My friend too." They both giggle softly. "So, are you going to give me your number before we have to get off?" 

Lance pretends he's in deep thought, "In a platonic way right?" he asks sarcastially. Rey chuckles and nods as she hands her Phone over. Lance quickly adds himself as a contact, naming himself  'Gay friend material'. 

Suddenly the train comes to a stop and both Rey and him stand up straight. He gives her Phone back with shaky hands. "You're nervous aren't you?" she asks, with an understanding smile covering her face. Lance nods, "A little bit." They start walking towards the entrance and exit the train. 

"You're going to do great, but I have to catch my bus!" She starts to walk a different direction, but does turn around to wave at him. "Text me!" 

Lance chuckles to himself, before he sees him and that smile is quickly removed from his face. Keith. He does not look pleased. He walks the few meters towards Keith, with questions on his tounge that are ready to be spilled. But before he gets the chance; Keith walks off with a small "Follow me."

(...)

The walk to Keith's house is painfully silent. It's Obvious that Keith's a bit pissed, but Lance just can't put his finger on the reason why. He said he forgave him and they actually joked about it before. He decides to speak up:"What's wrong Keith? You forgave me right?" He feels lied to. Did Keith just wanted him here so he's away from his father? and is he in fact still pissed off.

"There's nothing Lance, I'm sorry." he says calmly, "I'm just tired."

Lance sighs, before slipping his arm around the small boys waist. It's a bold move, but as Keith presses his side against Lance's, it feels right. "It's okay, I'm tired too."

(...)

After they've put Lance's bag in the guest room, they plop down onto the couch at the same time. "Are you cold?" Keith asks, as he looks at Lance's brief clothing, meanwhile it's only five degrees outside.

"Yeah, but I've only packed like a few shirts and jeans. You know... In my haste." he answers and bites his lip awkwardly.

Keith stands up from the sofa, "Wait here." He walks towards a room and enters it; Lance thinks is Keith's.

He feels a bit uncomfortable here. He's not entirely sure about Keith's behavior. Maybe he is in fact just tired. But way Keith allowed him to slip his arm around his waist.. It feels weird. Everything feels different.

Suddenly Keith comes walking back with a very large white hoodie in his hand. "It's probably too big, because it's Shiro's." Ah, it was Shiro's room. He throws the hoodie towards me and I catch it without a problem.

I mutter out a small thank you, as I start pulling my shirt over my head. "LANCE!" Keith yells slightly shocked and shields his eyes with his hands. "You could've warned me?!"

Lance chuckles very loudly as the hoodie still dangles in his hand. "Keith, don't shield your eyes." he says after calming down slightly, "I dare you to look at me."

Keith sights, "Why?" He slowly starts to remove his fingers from his eyes. "This is too awkward." he says as his hands are now fully removed from his bright red face.

He's met with Lance's bare, apparently muscled, chest. He bites his lip to prevent his jaw from dropping. "Like what you're seeing?" Lance asks smugly. He feels like he's finally breaking through the uncomfortable wall. Keith's nods slowly, feeling overwhelmed and so aroused. "I know how parents always tell you to look with your eyes, but.."

As on que, Keith starts to walk forward painfully slow. His eyes never leave the bareness before him. Lance smirks at the small boy who seems almost entranced. As Keith is nothing more then one centimeter away from him, he swallows visably. Is Keith actually going to touch him? Lance wants to open his mouth and laugh, to let Keith know he's just joking. But he can't.

Keith sticks his hand out and softly presses it on the middle of Lance's chest. A shiver of excitement rushes through Lance's spine. He has to bite his lip, to prevent his mouth from letting out any kind of satisfaction. Keith's hands glides down towards his flat stomach and back up, before letting it stay in the middle of his tan chest again. "You're cold." He says and looks up at Lance, who just seemed to be looking back down. In this moment of eye contact, Lance started to feel so much. So much unwanted feelings. Keith speaks again:"Put on the sweater."

He fully removes his hand before walking away from the bare-chested boy.

Lance is shook.