September 7th

Tuesday
4 pm

Lance drops his forehead on Keith's shoulder with a soft thumb, slowly slipping his hands from Keith's as Keith drags them from his cheeks. He now tangles his hands into Lance's hair gently. "You'll be okay. I know I avoided talking about it, but I do want to talk with you about the issue someday. When you are comfortable doing so. I like you Lance, a lot actually." Keith says warmly, "When you said nobody liked you? That hurt my heart, it really did. Your siblings love you, your mom and your dad surely does too Lance. You must be fucked up to not love your own son. And I care! You are so damn important, even though you try to prove to yourself that you aren't.
Fuck, I've only known you for what? Not even one month? And you already mean something to me. To me?! Keith Kogane with introvert as middle name."

This earns him the smallest of chuckles from his tall friend, so he keeps going.
"I never bonded with someone so fast, event though you wouldn't admit we actually bonded. We kind of did." He moves one hand from Lance's hair to his back, rubbing small circles there. "There's still so much I need to learn about you and also the other way around, but I'm more then willing to go there with you. To explore our friendship some more."

Lance lifts his head up from Keith's shoulder and looks at him with confusement. The smaller boy swallows.
"Friendship?" Lance asks quietly, his voice still husky and full of cracks.

"Yeah, I just... Want to be friends, before we go there." Keith says softly.

He knows they're moving to fast and he wanted to take it slow, he really did. But he never felt anything like this for someone before. Of course he had crushes, but this is different to him. Just seeing the taller boy makes his chest flutter and his throat close off. When Lance first texted him, he just wanted the guy to leave and never text him again; Keith really isn't fond of strangers. But Lance just kept talking and talking and talking. The more they talked, the more Keith felt the need to get to know the boy.

But now they're here.. He wants to take it slow again. He doesn't want to jump into a relationship right away. That isn't how things work for Keith.

For what seemed like ages, Lance replies:"Okay." Keith nods and releases Lance from his hold, causing Lance to whine. "Can't we cuddle?"

"As totally platonic friends?" Keith asks, a grin starting to tug at his lips shamelessly. A few cuddles couldn't hurt. As long as their lips stay perfectly separated.

Lance chuckles and nods, gently letting his side push into Keith's. His head plops down onto Keith's shoulder. "Yeah of course. Platonic." he mumbles, small chuckles still supporting his voice.

Keith sights and slips his arm around Lance's waist to pull him closer.
He's content; he likes Lance when his silent and calm side starts showing.

"Keith, can you pass me my phone? I haven't checked it for a while." he says tiredly. Keith nods and grabs the phone with the blue case from his right and hands it over to Lance, who mumbles a small thanks.

(...)

YellowFellow: Hey Lance? You okay?? Haven't heard for you in two days or so???

LanceMcLame: You said you were busy with Shay.

YellowFellow: O come on, Lance..

YellowFellow: You know it's always bro's before woman for me, but Shay and I had to talk about important stuff.

LanceMcLame: it's bro's before hoes.

YellowFellow: Pretty sure it isn't.

LanceMcLame: :|

LanceMcLame: But why the important talk? Did something happen?

YellowFellow: Well, me and Shay are good. But Shay's brother still has some unspoken problems with me, right?

LanceMcLame: Right

YellowFellow: So, the guy got himself a girlfriend, but according to Shay, she's a snitch and not very nice.

LanceMcLame: A bitch?

YellowFellow: Yehh...

YellowFellow: So Shay told him she doesn't approve of his girlfriend either, because if he can, she can too.

LanceMcLame: I guess that sounds about fair, yeah. So?

YellowFellow: I asked Shay what her name was..

LanceMcLame: Oh heck no.

LanceMcLame: It's her isn't it?

YellowFellow: Yes, it's her.

LanceMcLame: THAT GIRL HAS TO BACK OFF FROM MY LIFE.

LanceMcLame: I assume the talk was about Nyma and me then?

YellowFellow: It was and Shay thought that maybe you could talk to her brother?..

LanceMcLame: Sure. Anything to safe people from Nyma.

YellowFellow: Thanks Lance! Love you bro!

LanceMcLame: Yeah, love you too. So how is Nyma?

YellowFellow: Do you care?

LanceMcLame: Nope. Actually not

YellowFellow: But.... Tell me about Keith

(...)

"Lance I'm going to take a quick shower, yeah?" Keith asks softly, trying to get his arm back from Lance's back.

The taller boy nods and lifts his head up from Keith's shoulder, yawning slightly. "Have fun." He flashes Keith one of his price winning smiles as the small boy walks off.

(...)

LanceMcLame: We kissed, maybe three times? Two times?

YellowFellow: WHAT?

LanceMcLame: We're just friends though.

YellowFellow: PARDON ME?! JUST FRIENDS?! KISSED?!

LanceMcLame: Yeah.. Uhhhhh surprise?

YellowFellow: Call me, NOW!