Keith Is Anxious

September 8th
Wednesday
00:02

The storm was definitely still ragin on outside when Lance finally dared to open Keith's bedroom door. He's nervous for two reasons.

One: Keith is probably still pissed at him.

Two: Lance has never been in Keith's bedroom. Well, he has seen two sides of Keith's room through their videocalls. One of them being Keith's black wooden bed with red and white striped sheets plus Keith's desk and desk chair who were positioned in front of his large wooden bookcase.

He doesn't even know if Keith is asleep or ignoring him. He tried knocking on the door and also repeating his name over and over, but no reaction came from it.

He slowly nudges the door open just a small bit, but just far enough for him to peak into the room. Luckily, it's not dark. But neither is is particularly lit. The only thing that's keeping the room a little light are the fairy lights on top of his bookcase. But that's the only thing he can see through the small crack, so he pushes it open a bit more.

"Just come in, for Christ's sake." he hears a husky voice say. So.. Keith is definitely awake.

Lance completely opens the door and his eyes can't help but scan the room immediately. It's a medium sized bedroom, there's his bed, bookcase, desk. Nothing that he hasn't seen before. But above his desk are all sorts of things stuck on the wall. A few vinyls, Polaroids of Shiro and him and again, some fairy lights. Lance feels bad for thinking Keith's room would be this dark cold room with no posters and no memories.

Lance leads his eyes towards Keith's bed. It's positioned against the left wall, just like his desk. There's a little wall shelf on that wall, just besides his bed. Underneath the shelf are some alien posters. He has to remind himself to ask Keith about that later. On the shelf lay a record player and a framed picture of him and someone who he faguely remembers as Pidge.

"Did you just came here to look at my room or?" Keith's voice immediately brings Lance back to earth.

He shakes his head and awkwardly sits down onto the edge of the bed, feet neatly placed on the ground. Keith looks vulnerable, laying in a fetus position like that. With a hippo plushie neatly placed underneath his arm.

And as if Keith could read his mind, the small boy immediately sits ups straight as well, crossing his legs and folding his hands. "Keith, can I explain my side of the story?"

Keith's face is tear stained and a bit red. Lance feels guilt and sympathy flowing through him. He wants to touch Keith. He wants to hold him so badly.

Keith snorts, "I don't know, can you?"

Lance swallows, it's obvious dat Keith is definitely still angry, but he has to do this.
"When my dad came home that day, he threw the piece of paper with your number against my head. Accompanied with a small swear word,"

"A small swear word?" Keith interrupts him, "Like idiot or something?"

"More like faggot."

"Lance that's not small at all."

Lance nods his head in agreement, "He said that he couldn't believe that there were actually people out there who were just like me and who accept me. He said that that's even worse then just being gay." he chokes out painfully, "That's why he hates my mother so much."

Suddenly Keith shuffles a bit closer and Lance is kind off thankful for the small gesture. "He said that I should message you, to let you know that we're both fucking sinners, before he would. And then he left my room."

"That's fucked up." Keith murmurs, "Your dad is really weird? This doesn't make any sense." he adds, before slipping his hand into Lance's gently. The small boy wraps his fingers around Lance's and unconsciously let his thumbs caress the tall boy's hand. "I'm sorry for not letting you explain."

Lance shrugs and looks at their intertwined hands. Keith's hand is very warm, apart from his own freezing one. His thoughts trail back to Keith's words. How Keith spat out how he wasn't okay and never will be. The sun-kissed boy feels stupid. Stupid for thinking he was the only one with problems, stupid for not being able to see it before Keith had to tell him. "I guess we're both not really okay, huh?" Lance mumbles, meanwhile giving Keith's hand a little squeeze. To be very honest; Lance just wants the teasing, the mindless cuddles and the happy city walks. Rather then them talking about their problems. Of course he wants to help Keith and be there for him, but Lance just wants to go back to them putting on their happy faces. The faces that start of fake, but turn real when they're together.

"Honestly, we could be part of a drama tv-show." Keith snorts funnily, making Lance chuckle as well.

(...)

Keith feels whole, with his hand positioned in Lance's. He's also glad that Lance came to explain, even though Keith blew him off like that. "A very sad and nerve-wrecking drama show that is." Lance adds, while still chuckling. Keith let out an honest giggle at that.

It's true, they're two sad teenagers with crushes on each other. The thing is, he can't tell Lance as to why he's so sad. He wasn't able to explain it to his father, so how would Lance be any different. The only person who he could successfully explain it to was Shiro. And it didn't even feel as if a weight was lifted from his shoulder, like everyone says it would. He felt even more bad, for putting this burden on someone else as well.

Sudennly a pair of familiar and soft lips make contact with the skin just underneath his ear. It's just a small comforting kiss, but Keith couldn't help the small moan of appreciation slipping from his lips. Lance's lips just felt to warm against his skin, so welcome.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles sheepishly, "I didn't know that was your soft spot or anything." He slips his hand from Keith's awkwardly, making Keith miss it immediately.

He places one hand on Lance's neck, as he twists his hips. Now looking at Lance's side, he leans in closer and let his lips press against the taller boy's skin. At the exact same spot. As he disconnects, his lips still hover above the spot. As if they're waiting for a command to do it again.

"Holy shit." Lance whispers.

And so Keith connects his mouth to Lance's neck again. This time moving his lips to create a bit more fraction. He moves his lips down to Lance's neck, where he's able to draw a loud moan from the tall boy. And THAT is his que to stop.

"Now we're even." he says proudly.