Life In It's Complicated Glory

A Sad Song About a girl I no longer know by Charles Irwin

Percy's P.O.V.

Percy was never the perfect poster-child when it came to his relationship with his mother.
Sure, she was a great person, but sometimes he was just too much to handle. He wasn't proud of himself when he showed up at the door of her house with his supposed 'friends' by his side in the middle of the night. And the look of worry, concern and panic on his mother's face, made him feel as if he was the worst son to ever be alive.

He didn't want to trouble his mother more with the episodes he had, it was bad enough that he had depression for some unknown reason and his mother kept worrying that he would give up on life.

But what he didn't expect was to be enveloped in a warm hug by his mother and then being sent to his room.
Of course, he didn't question her and followed the instructions he was asked to perform. He owed her at least that much.

He found himself alone in the dull lighting of his old room with a bag of chips in one hand and a can of Pitt Cola in the other. He could hear the soft chatter and a part of him wanted to join them, but a large part of him was wondering on the events that took place today.
For a moment when he was called by that nickname, he felt this rush go through him,  he could recognize the faces in front of him and then suddenly, he was at that god forsaken bridge with all the familiarity gone.
It was as if he thought of something to say, but then forgot what he was about to say.

Of course, he felt the time gap between the moments. But he wasn't in his body at the time, he felt as if he was floating around with no aim in his mind, heart and soul.

His train of thought changed as he mentally focused on the image of a certain blonde girl that he kept encountering these past few days. He couldn't help the feeling of slight melancholy enter his system.
He felt as if he should know her and she seemed familiar, as if he was watching a dream for quite a while but he couldn't remember the details after he woke up.

He wanted to know what was it about that girl, that made him feel this bitter longing. Like, he wanted to hold her close but also didn't want her to see him again.

Tired of his internal conflict, Percy downed the can in his right hand and set the chips aside on the bedside table to eat for later. He climbed onto his bed and lay his head on the pillow, the distant noise of the street contrasting with the silence of his room, lulled him to sleep. Leaving behind (for a while) life in its complicated glory.

********************

Annabeth's P.O.V

Before her ride could reach the destination, she made sure to change the outfit she was in to something more comfortable.
She changed into light gray sweatpants with black t-shirt that read 'Dreamer' in white with a small subtitle of 'Wishing in black and white' against the glittery background with white feathers printed on it.

She made sure to send her friends to bed and prepare a few snacks for the soon-to-be arriving guest, in case she was hungry, and knowing Thalia, she obviously will be.
She wiped her face clean of make-up and tied her hair in a messy bun.
To be honest, she looked like she hadn't slept in days with the amount of darkness around her eyes. She was pale too which added more to the zombie look she was feeling.

The doorbell rang and she rushed to answer it. The Grace siblings stood there having a small argument amongst each other. They stopped when they noticed Annabeth's staring at them, amused by their antics.

"May we enter your lovely house, Miss Chase?" Thalia questioned sarcastically, in an attempt to distract her friend from noticing the moment of embarrassment.

"Sure, you may," was the short and definite answer before Annabeth stepped aside and opened the door wider to let them in.
However, the younger Grace sibling kept standing at the doorway as a few words were quickly exchanged by the girls, then Annabeth bid a small goodbye to her friend as she stepped out of her apartment and in the hallway of the building.

"Am I in trouble?" she asked the other blonde.
Jason shrugged and replied, "Should've thought of that before you agreed. Things are pretty bad."

The female blonde sighed deeply before she made her way towards the elevator of her building, her companion following suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive to the Jackson residence was silent. But the discussion that took place between Percy's mother, Sally was anything but silent.
She was suddenly glad that the whole house had a lot of blue. According to psychology, blue was a relaxing and calming color, and it was doing its job fine.
"Annabeth, I don't want you to have any close connections with Percy," said Sally, bringing the said girl out of her reverie.

"Why so, ma'am?" she asked.

The mother sighed and closed her eyes, as if it hurt to even look at anything anymore. When she opened her eyes, she looked tired and older.

"I don't want my son to ever return to that point of his life when he decided to kill himself. Of course, the police and me told him that he slipped and fell. No mother would ever want her children to ever get to the phase of suicide. If you can prevent him from doing that, I may reconsider my earlier statement," Sally explained.

Annabeth nodded and got up, Jason following.
Before they could leave, they heard the sound of a guitar playing. Percy's voice rang out clearly through the living room.

“I, I can't deny you're the reason that I cried every night
And I don't know why
But you've never found your way out of my mind
Participating in your games is something that will never make me proud
To be the one that you turned to the push and pulls and in and outs
They always left me filled with doubt but I can't say that I didn't love you

'Cus that'd be a lie, and I don't like being mislead
So I won't put it in your head that I'm the same
The tears that I cried, all the miscommunication
And the testing of my patience drove me insane

And now I wish I would've second guessed
The butterflies I'd get inside my chest
Convinced myself that we were meant to be
Oh why'd I let you walk all over me
(why'd I let you walk all over me...”

Jason and Annabeth left before the song could be finished. They didn't want to overdo their stay and make things uncomfortable and awkward.

Annabeth made sure not to let out a scream of frustration as she went out of the house and you the car. She couldn't help but blame herself.
If she hadn't used that good-for-nothing nickname, he wouldn't have been triggered and this conversation wouldn't have happened.

Sally had explained why her son lost his memories. Abusive step-father attempted murder of his wife. The lady didn't die but was in a coma for seven months. The son almost died while trying to get the step-father to justice. Step-father disappeared and the son attempted suicide.
Ironically, it was the case Jason was working on.

Annabeth thanked her friend and went back to her apartment. This night wasn't anything she had intended it to be.
All she got tonight was that she was a girl in her ex-boyfriend's life whose name couldn't be bothered to remembered. And she had to make sure it stayed that way.
She had to restart.

The blonde went to her room and found the rebellious punk girl (namely Thalia) passed out comfortably on her bed.
She took the extra pillow and a blanket as she claimed the couch in the living room for tonight.
Then, she went into a dreamless sleep.