Shower Away Your Thoughts

Shots by Imagine Dragons

Percy's P.O.V

He didn't know why he woke up and at what hour, but for some reason, he felt like singing an old song that was composed by him years ago.
He was lucky that his mother kept his old guitar otherwise he would've left the house immediately to go to his own apartment for him to fulfill his purpose. He was just that driven.

It didn't matter to him that he might be disturbing his parents. He just wanted to sing and let out some feelings.
He continued singing even when his mother came into the room, her eyes glimmering with unshed tears and a proud look on her face. His little sister was woken up by the sound of his singing.

Percy knew that his sister, Estelle loved watching him sing, so he allowed her to sit next to him.

His frenzy ended after an hour. By that time his sister had made herself comfortable on Percy's bed and was fast asleep. The older brother draped his blanket over her, so that she didn't get cold.
He turned to his mother and found her smiling at him softly. She stroked his hair lovingly and Percy, gaining the feeling of being at home, rested his head on her lap.

Though he had go back to his apartment. Back to his city life as a struggling musician, but he loved it none the less. However, he always had to leave his mother behind in an attempt to achieve his purpose and he didn't want her to be hurt.

Percy wanted to stay in the comfort he was getting with his mother, but he had to leave. His friends would be getting worried about him. He hadn't even shown up for the dinner meet either.

As soon as that thought crossed his mind, he groaned and silently cursed himself. He was such a lousy friend.

"What's wrong?" his mom asked him, concern lacing her words.

"I forgot about the dinner plans I had with Nico and Will! Oh heavens, I am a dead guy," he ranted. "I have to leave. Sorry, mom."

"You don't need to be sorry, Percy. I know you have your life too plus, you are a youngster, you need to live your life!" his mother exclaimed happily, trying to cheer him up.

He smiled at his mother's antics and hugged her. "Thank you mom. For everything," he said as she hugged him back.

After that, he gathered his things,(jacket, apartment keys, phone and wallet) and left the house.

He walked for a while to get to the main street, then hailed a for a cab. One stopped after awhile and he told the driver his address. He got in and then patiently waited to reach his apartment building.

(•) (•) (•) (•) (•) (•)

He was tackled by a mass of black fur as soon as he entered his house. The dog licked his master's face, barking happily as he was petted and scratched behind the ears.

Percy let out a chuckle and got up. He noticed the boxes in the living room yet again. He was sad that Nico would no longer be his roommate, but he was happy for he was going to be with Will.

He was joyous when he first got to know that they got together and were dating. He was especially happy for Nico, who used to go for therapy and take medication for depression. Of course he was there for him through it all, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to return the feelings that Nico had for him and didn't want to be the reason that would break his heart.
So when he got the news that he was dating, it marked as a very important event to Percy because now his friend had found true happiness in the form of Will.

And he missed this event's two year anniversary. How much of an idiot could he be?

He suddenly became aware of the light snores that were coming from his roommate, Luke's room.
He didn't want to face confrontation right now, so he decided to deal with it in the morning and tip-toed quietly to his room. His dog, Mrs. O'Leary hot on his heels.