Beach House Party Tears (Part 2)

Back of my mind by Two Feet

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Annabeth was pissed the moment she entered the meeting.
All the members had been acting like idiots and arguing over the design of the building.
The minority of the group wanted the building as it was, while the majority wanted a few changes; and one of them was the sculptor she was about to hire for the statues she was planning to place for the fountain outside of the mall.

Ohio was a wonderful place and she would love nothing but to design a mall for it. But the board members were getting in her way of doing so. They were the obstacle in the way of artistry.
Annabeth believed architecture was a form of art itself and of course, a few conservative people would not like it.

But most of all, Annabeth wasn't expecting the surprise that waited for her back at her home.

At home, a bowl of warm pasta, movies and friends awaited her. Along with news that shocked her.

When she came in, she saw her friends-turned-roomates chatting excitedly with each other while eating pasta at the kitchen counter.

"You guys seem happy," she remarked feeling slightly amused at their antics.

Hazel and Piper turned to her and smiled and in a synchronized way they said, "Our boyfriends asked us to move in together!"

At first, Annabeth was blank, no reaction seemed to be taking place but then she forced a huge smile on her face and said that she was happy for them. They would be moving out in about two weeks.

She knew this day would come. The day where she would be alone as her friends moved on with their own lives. She wanted to do that with hers too, but it just didn't seem to be happening. Her job, that was the only thing she loved in her life but now she needed a break. From everything.
Maybe that was the reason why she didn't refuse Percy when he invited her to the beach house party.

She knew she was at the right place just by the amount of music that could be heard outside the house. Many people were lounging outside too. Who was smoking cigarettes and who was smoking weed, nobody could know for sure.
Some people were just goofing around while some could be seen walking at the beach.

Annabeth had this feeling that Percy would be found inside the house, preferably where the music was the loudest.
She started towards the front door but was stopped by a group.

"Where are you going?" asked a girl from the group. Annabeth was taller than her so she wasn't intimidated. She was pretty sure that she was the one intimidating them.

"Inside," Annabeth replied.

"You can't go in sober! Here," the girl handed her a glass of shot. "Drink up."

Annabeth stared suspiciously at the glass in the girl's hand then she studied the looks of the people from her group. After about then seconds of thought, she drank it.

The group surrounding her seemed disappointed at her lack of reaction but she didn't care about them. She pushed through them and entered the house.

As soon as she entered the house, her eyes was met with low lights and loud music. Annabeth pushed through crowds of people and followed the music.

She found herself in a living room turned club but there were lesser people there compared to the crowd outside. On the mini stage was Percy singing and the song was so trippy that Annabeth felt high.
That was when she realised that the shot was kicking in.

She stumbled to the front of the stage, her head spinning and her heart felt like it was dropping like the bass.
She turned to her left and saw a small table with drinks on it.
She quickly downed some and shook her head. She could feel a buzz in the back of her head and her chest and stomach felt warm.
And suddenly, for no apparent reason, she was happy.

"That was my last song," she heard Percy say into the mic as the music ended.

"Awww, play more!" was the reaction of the crowd. Annabeth found herself agreeing with them too.

"You want more music?" Percy asked.

"Yeah!" was the loud and wild reply.

"Okay then, one last song. The grand final one. Everyone okay with that?"

"Yeah!"

"Hit it, Luke!"

And Annabeth closed her eyes and swayed. Just like she did the last time she heard him sing (which was at the club).

I keep on runnin' from my own life
Because I'd rather not fight
It chases me soon as its daylight
And well through the night

But I can never stop wasting all my time with you
Now I can never stop wasting all my time with you

I feel over when I don't see ya
Stay in the back of my, back of my mind
I feel over when I don't see ya
Stay in the back of my, back of my mind

My mind, my mind
Stay in the back of my, back of my mind
My mind, my mind
Stay in the back of my, back of mind...

Annabeth hummed along till the song ended. She admitted to herself that Percy looked pretty good on stage with a guitar in his hand.
His lyrics were pretty real and the beats trippy. A perfect blend.

When the song ended there was wild hooting and Percy jumped off the makeshift stage.
Then he noticed her.

A smile grew on his face and she was pretty sure she did too, right now she felt numb all over.

She walked towards him and stumbled a bit. Before she could fall Percy caught her. Sadly, he fell down too.

Both the people on the floor broke into a fit of giggles.
Annabeth stood up and helped Percy up too.

"You were awesome up there," she said.

"I'm glad I was," he replied.

"Let's go to the beach. There's plenty people hanging out there," Annabeth suggested.

"But not without drinks. What do you want to have?"

"Red wine, if possible. Otherwise, vodka."

"I'm pretty sure that they have wine though I'm not sure about red."

That made Annabeth laugh.

"I am getting a bottle of gin and vodka. Wanna come with?" Percy asked.

"I will follow you to the ends of the earth, darling," she replied.