Diving Deep In The Ocean

Needle and Thread by Alice Englert

Annabeth's POV

The room she sat in was devoid of the people that were sitting there about ten minutes ago. The meeting was over and she wasn't quite ready to accept the fact that she had actually got the project in Ohio. Building a mall. Something that she never dreamt of building.
But she was approved. Her designs were amazing along with good infrastructure and not to mention the skills of the sculptor that she had hired to make statues to decorate the place. At least that is what the board members said.

She was excited, of course. She would be visiting a state which she had never been to. She would be busy for approximately half of the year with this project alone and the other projects will follow through till the next two years.
On the other hand, she was worried about missing out on her life.

In the time she'd be gone, she knew of the events that had the possibility of taking place. Piper and Hazel could be proposed by Jason and Frank respectively. She might miss the engagement party or worse the moment when they reveal to her that they were engaged. The freak-out that they would have together.
Maybe if she stayed she could be with Percy once more. Get a second chance to do so. She might miss Percy's climb to fame. The way he concentrated when he composed songs with either coffee or milkshake. She might miss the time when he asks her out. She might miss his memories coming back. She was afraid of missing all of this.

She had to leave in a month. The project would have started in a week had it not been for a housing project in New York itself. It was the complete renovation of an old apartment building. It was on its last stages. She was happy about it too because now the families would not have to soak out in the rain. They could break out of their temporary living quarters and come back to their homes.
She was the one who funded for temporary living quarters for those families. She was rich and she still lived in a small apartment with roommates (who would move out by day after tomorrow) and didn't like shopping or blowing money on useless things and this was a good way to use that money of hers that kept piling up in her bank account.

She had a month. But the bad part was that she did not know what to do with that month.

Her train of thoughts was broken when her phone vibrated on the table of the empty conference room. She was suddenly reminded where she was and she became aware of her over-stayed welcome.

Her phone lay on the table as if it had never vibrated. But then hope flooded into her as the phone vibrated two more times. Annabeth quickly picked it up while gathering her things. She checked it and found that she had three messages from Percy.

PERCY: When are you going to get free? I am getting bored here. Come soon.

PERCY: By the way, I don't know if you like sweet or spicy stuff more so I went ahead and prepared both in order to balance it out. Hope its okay. I am getting worried about you now.

PERCY: Call me.

Annabeth smiled as she read his texts. Amnesia or not, he was still more worried about her than himself. Typical of him, always loyal. Always caring. If it weren't for the fact that he didn't remember anything, she would have thought that everything was alright. That the horrid night had never taken place and she hadn't wasted her ass off almost every night for a few years.

The reason why she wasn't the valedictorian of her school, even with all her smarts, was that after that night she lost herself. After waking up in the hospital and getting the news about what took place; she had just lost the will to continue.