Kabanata 22

Kabanata 22

WE found Ritchelle the same day I asked my brothers to find her. She was looking for me for days, halos tumambay na nga raw siya sa police station para lang makabalita sa akin.

She asked the police for help to find me but got no updates so she waited there kaya mas mabilis siyang nahanap. She went to the hospital and was shocked after knowing everything about me.

We took her in. of course, isang araw na lang habang nag-uusap kaming dalawa ay bigla siyang hinimatay kaya isinugod namin siya sa ospital, only to find her pregnant for almost three months with her baby. It was fine, but that wasn't just the case, she was also diagnosed of having a stage 4 lung cancer at the same time.

We were really saddened with the news, hindi namin alam, ni hindi rin niya alam kaya hindi niya napaghandaan. We did everything for her, not just because she's my friend but because my family became really fond of her. She was good. She's like a sister to me.

Kahit na noong sa bus station lang kami nagkakilala at nagkausap ay nakapalagayang loob ko na siya.

We offered her to have chemotherapy but she declined us right away after knowing it'll be harmful for her unborn child.

I was hurt at that, I remembered how much I cried after begging her to save her life, she's my only friend, that one friend I got to tell everything that happened to me but she chose to save her child at sino ba ako para magdesisyon para sa kanya?

Every passing month, she would be confined at the hospital, weak and pale, minsan ay umiiyak na lang ako nang tahimik habang binabantayan siya. We still talk to each other, although, kadalasan ay ako na lang ang nagsasalita dahil hindi na niya kinakaya.

Her stomach grew bigger and bigger and I saw how she struggled hard to still be alive and save her daughter and I stayed with her and support her all the way.

"Z-Zid?" her weak voice said. Kaagad akong umayos ng upo, hinagilap ko ang kamay niya at hinanap ang mga mata niya.

"Ritch? May gusto ka kainin?" I smiled but it was hiding the sadness wanting to burst out any moment.

"No..." she smiled faintly, her lips pale, nangangayat rin siya.

"What do you want? Gusto mong lumabas? Sa garden tayo?" I said eagerly but she shook her head and heaved a sigh.

"M-may sasabihin lang ako..." she said softly.

I stopped, I held her hand and stared at her at ngumiti siya sa akin.

"K-kapag lumabas na si baby, sana... sana alagaan mo siya..." aniya.

My chest started hurting, nangilid ang luha ko roon at napatungo bago umiling.

"D-don't say that, you'll live... Maaalagaan mo pa siya." my voice broke.

"Zid, alam nating hindi na ako aabutin..." she whispered.

"N-No... H'wag mo kong iwan, Ritch." I sobbed and shook my head. "Y-you're my only friend, p-pati ba naman ikaw iiwan mo ako?"

"Z...Zid..." Nang sumulyap ako sa kanya ay umiiyak na rin siya kaya nakagat ko ang labi ko at hinawi ang luha ko.

"Sorry... " she whispered. "K-kung alam ko lang sana na ganito ang mangyayari..."

"Ritch..." I called her name and sobbed quietly.

"W-when I'm gone, please, take care of my daughter, Zid..." aniya at napasubsob ako sa kama niya at suminghap.

"Name her for me, treat her like your own..." bulong niya.