:A Proscriptive Relationship: 31

I woke in the morning to the excited sounds of twittering girls. I scowled, rolling over and pressing my head against my pillow.

"I can't believe it!" Danielle cried excitedly.

"Me either! Holly! Holly, wake up!"

"No," I moaned, covering my ears. "I want to sleep..."

"Holly, it's noon. Half the class is already at the beach!" Casey responded, nearly shouting. "Plus, there is something I want you to see!"

"Trust me, you'll want to see it!" Danielle added.

"Come on, get up and get ready!"

I felt the covers being ripped off of me and I clung to them for dear life. I heard Casey grunt, and yank harder.

"No," I moaned, keeping a firm grasp. "Just a little longer..."

"No!"

With tremendous force, Casey was able to pull the comforter off me. I sat up straight, scowling at her. Danielle's hands were also on the blanket. She dropped them immediately, a sheepish grin on her face.

"Sorry, but we should go to the beach," she said, and Casey nodded.

"Fine," I said, sighing in resignation. "Let me change into some clothes-"

"Don't bother," Casey responded quickly. "We'll be swimming and stuff, so just throw on your swimsuit."

I frowned slightly. "I'm at least wearing shorts..."

Casey rolled her eyes. "Fine, wear shorts then, but hurry up! And do something with your hair."

I gave her a quizzical look. If we were going swimming, why would I have to do my hair? Sighing, I climbed out of my bed and walked over to my backpack. I grabbed my bikini top and bottom, a pair of shorts, and my hairbrush before going to the hotel bathroom.

I used the toilet, and washed my face before stripping out of my clothes and pulling on the bathing suit and shorts. I brushed out my hair, fixing my bangs. When I thought they looked presentable, I left the bathroom, snagging my beach towel from the towel hanger on the way.

"You ready?" Casey asked, waiting by the door with Danielle.

I nodded, slipping on my flip-flips, and following them out of the hotel room. The door locked behind us, and I hoped either Casey or Danielle had the hotel key.

We made our way to the hotel lobby, where a few kids from out class were hanging out in the very comfortable looking recliners. They seemed to be playing catch with a hacky sack. Ms. Kirk was there too, probably keeping an eye on them. She waved at us as we walked by and I returned the wave.

I yawned as we stepped outside the hotel. A cool breeze nipped at me immediately and I looked at the sky with a frown. It definitely looked like it was going to rain. However, it was still warm enough to go swimming, so as long as it didn't rain for a while, I didn't mind.

We trudged across the street that led to the beach, and climbed up the boardwalk that went over the dunes. At the top, the ocean suddenly spread out in front of me, stretching out for what looked like forever. I smiled at the sight of it; it was so refreshing.

A large group of people were playing beach volley ball off to the right a little. I caught Casey looking at the group of people with a grin. She looked at me, and nodded her head at the group of people.

"Want to go play?"

I raised an eyebrow. "No..."

"Are you positive?" she asked, slowly frowning. "Do you not see...?"