The Gingerbread Scandal [One-Shot]

Just a little oneshot for you!! I forgot how to write Chris and Holly a little bit ): I really hope they seem like themselves!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

           'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was snoring, not even a mouse.

            Which was only partially true. Because I was awake. And grumpy.

           "Chris," I whispered, squatting by his sleeping form. In the twenty minutes that had passed while I crossed town to my mom's house to get a surprise for him, he'd fallen fast asleep on the couch. I prodded at his cheek.

           "Mm, get off me Milkshake," he mumbled, turning his back on me.

           I rolled my eyes while the cat in question currently lying at Chris's feet picked his head up and stared at his daddy curiously. I still thought it was a dumb name for a cat. But he was our little baby.

           "Wake up! It's only seven o'clock!" I complained, flicking his back.

           "Vacation," he grunted back at me.

           "It's Christmas Eve, I have a surprise," I told him, smiling a little bit. It was something I'd always wanted to do with my boyfriend. "It'll be fun!"

           "Does it involve taking off your shirt?"

           I blushed. "N-no! Pervert!"

           He feigned snoring.

           I puffed out my cheeks in frustration. There was only one thing to do...

           "That's okay," I said, standing back up. "I think I hear Jeremy pulling up anyway."

           Chris immediately bolted up, nearly knocking Milkshake off the couch. "I'll lock the doors, you man the windows."

           "Aha!" I cried. "You're up!"

           Chris stopped mid-step, turning around and narrowing his eyes at me. "You tricked me."

           "I have a surprise for you," I responded, grabbing his hand and yanking him into the kitchen.

           "Did you really invite Jeremy over?" he asked.

           "No, tonight's only for us," I promised him. "Jeremy's probably out with Casey, anyway." Because Jeremy was a fun boyfriend and actually liked to go out and do stuff while my boyfriend liked to stay in...

           Chris flicked my forehead. "Your face is telling me you're thinking something mean about me."

           I grimaced. He was like a mind reader or something. I knew I should've been used to it by now, but it was unbelievable. "How do you know these things?" I demanded.

           "Because I know you, Holly," he replied easily. "So what's the surprise, you bought gingerbread houses?"

           My jaw nearly dropped to the floor. "How—"

           He chuckled, wrapping an arm around my waist. "See? I know you."

           Did he really know me that well? That was crazy! How in the world could he have figured that out so easily?

           "Since you look like your head just exploded, I didn't really know that. I made an educated guess since you've been saying you want to build a gingerbread house for the past two months," Chris said, pulling me from my thoughts. "Also, your mom told me you left a gingerbread house kit at her house the other day."