Chapter 19: Road Trip

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

'No, Rachel. You're making a huge mistake!' I say internally as I binge watch one of my favorite shows of all time on Netflix, Friends. Luckily, we have a three-day weekend with very little homework, so hello Netflix.

My hand is pressed against my chest as I watch the intense moment unfold. My heart is beating fast, yet it also feels like it's shattering into a million pieces as I hear Rachel mutter the words, 'Ugh. Let's take a break...a break from us.'

I snort at how emotional I feel even though I'm only a mere observer to this situation, then I let out an aww and a frown replaces my smile as I see the heartbreak in Ross's face and he leaves the apartment. 

Then, my phone rings loudly beside my bed and I groan at the interruption. I grab the phone off the nightstand and look at the Caller ID: Andrew 🤤. Ew, a reminder to self, change the emoji for Andrew's contact.

A couple of days ago, Andrew stole my phone again at school and changed some of my contact names so I wouldn't know who was calling or texting me. Asshole. On the bright side, he didn't change my mom's contact, but he did change Bree's contact to Bree-owski (browski).

I slide the green telephone icon to the right and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, Shortcake. Wanna hang out?" He says cheerfully.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm really busy right now," I say, pretending to sound like I'm being productive with my life.

"What about tomorrow then?"

"Can't, I'll be busy for the rest of the weekend," I say, praying that the conversation ends soon so I'm able to go back to watching my show. 

"Really? What are you going to be doing that's so important?" He asks, filled with amusement.

"I'll be busy binge-watching all of the episodes of Friends for the entire three-day weekend," I chuckle.

"Well, that's a shame because I'm already outside your house," he replies, a quiet laugh emitting from the other side of the line.

"What!" My eyes widen in shock and I quickly stand up from my bed and rush to the windowsill. I open the window and look down. Andrew is leaning against the side of his car, arms, facing my house with his arms crossed. He looks up at me and gives me a smirk.

"Oh yeah, and pack a bag. We'll be gone for the rest of the weekend," he speaks into the phone. Before I can protest, he hangs up and I glare down at him. He appears unaffected by my hostility as he chuckles and taps on his screen. My phone chimes and I look down.

You have five minutes to move that cute little ass of yours and pack a bag or I'll come up there myself and do it for you 😏.

Ugh, you're so annoying 😠

I glare at him one last time before walking away from my windowsill and receive another text from him.

😉

I grumble before reluctantly obeying Andrew. Argh, I was in the middle of such an intense drama moment, and he ruined it. I grab a big, black duffel bag and start to throw a bunch of things from my closet in it, including a whole week's worth of outfits.