Chapter 43: Tricks Up Her Sleeve

Quick Note: Play the song above when the slow dance scene comes on!

***********

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

"Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like. Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like," Bree and I shout as we sing along to the Bruno Mars song, pointing at each other. We let the music move our hips as our arms float in the air restlessly.

A slim layer of sticky perspiration coats my arms and legs as a small wave of nausea hits me. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to dance vigorously after eating seconds.

All night, while we ate, Andrew whispered smutty remarks in my ear, making my cheeks heat up profusely.

"Mmm, this cake is so good," I sigh as I take a bite of the chocolate slice on my plate with a whip cream flower on top. "Want a bite?"

"I think I'd rather devour you instead," he rasps with a wink. A hint of desire grew in his eyes as he chuckled and took a sip of his water.

I nearly choked on the food that was in my mouth. A few of the other people that were sitting at our tables stared at me with concern as I coughed profusely, including Bree.

The song ends, bringing me back to the present, and everyone cheers. The DJ switches to a Drake song and spots of various colors flash on all four walls. I can feel the beat running through my body as the DJ raises the volume to another deafening notch.

Bree whips her head to the side and immediately freezes, the smile on her face slowly fading into a frown. Her arms slowly fall beside her as she continues to stare at something in the distance.

"What's wrong, B?" I shout, noticing the sudden glum mood.

"What's Andrew doing with Aria?" Bree questions cautiously, pointing behind my shoulder.

"What?" I scream loudly, trying to layer my voice over the blaring music.

"I said, WHAT IS ANDREW DOING WITH ARIA?" Bree screams at the top of her lungs, gripping my shoulders and swerving me around.

My heart tears a little at the sight and a small hint of jealousy starts to brew. They're standing off to the side with their shoulders leaning against the wall, giving view of their side profiles.

Aria plays with her curled mocha hair flirtatiously, batting her fake lashes, as she tries to butter him up. She takes a step forward and reaches up to rest her hand on his shoulder before trailing it down to his chest.

"Don't just stand here, Soph. Go up to that bitch and tell her to back the fuck off," Bree growls.

I take Bree's advice and take a step forward in their direction, ready to march up to the two, but halt in place. I take a deep breath in order to minimize the jealous storm inside of me that's grown bigger. Just wait, Sophie. I'm sure it's nothing. You trust him, he would never do something to hurt you.

A N D R E W D A L T O N

Just as I'm about to make my way back towards Shortcake, a dainty hand grips on my forearm, "Hey, Andrew. What are you doing here alone? Did come without a date?" Before I can respond, she cuts me off with her annoying voice, "Ugh, thank goodness you dumped that outcast, she was always such a—"