06 | έξι

A/N - how i picture Ares, but with darker brows and brown eyes.

06 | έξι

▂▂▂▂☾▂▂▂▂

SO, WE'RE REALLY doing this?" I asked, gazing back at the castle that had housed me these past few days lustfully, wondering if I was really prepared for the journey ahead. The sun was blazing brightly upon the earth and it was incredibly hot, I was already sweating.

"Hope you've got your hiking shoes on, losers. It's going to be a long walk." Eris screamed from the front, waiting for the rest of us to catch up with her. Today, she was dressed in a black leather jacket with some matching black leather trousers, a t-shirt labelled Metallica plastered over her bare chest with some boots to top the whole look off. Her hair had digressed back to the pink colour I had grown accustomed to, only it was cut shoulder length and was now curly.

"We really don't have to do this... I feel much better now." I whined, not sure hell was the ideal hiking destination. They all ignored me.

"We're moving now." Eris was the one leading the way as we started to tread away from the glorious castle, my wrist burning just a tad bit, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"So you don't have cars? You have a big, fancy castle but you don't have a car?" I really didn't want to walk all the way to hell, so I was trying to get out of it in any way I could.

"We don't believe in materialistic things." Retorted Eris with a sneer plastered over her face. "Take a look around, Ariel. Do you see any sign of civilization, aside from our castle?" Now that Apollo had mentioned it, I had found it quite strange that there was nothing but forest that stretched for miles, no other house or castle in sight. "Where exactly are we?" I asked, curiosity once again getting the better of me. "Thrace. Ancient Thrace." Eris was the one who replied this time, proving that she could still hear us all the way from the front. We were now plodding upon a steep hill, the narrow trail being the only place for us to walk.

"That doesn't make sense. Thrace has been a part of civilization for centuries... My friend Sutton told me she was visiting for her summer break from college. She had pictures and everything... there were buildings, people..." Although I was now mumbling to myself, everybody could hear what I was saying and I was sure Ares' jaw might've clenched a little at the mention of Sutton. "Thrace is a very mysterious place, Ariel. Yes, there are a people, and yes, it is a normal civilization. But do keep in mind that there will always been some undiscovered places of the world, and this area may very well count. You see, Ariel. We dwell in the forgotten parts of the world, an ancient world, if you will. We will soon enter the parts of Thrace that your friend may have visited on our journey." I was left with Apollo's cryptic words for almost half of our travels.

We followed a narrow trail through a very dark forest, I made sure not to walk in the back because I had watched enough horror films to know that the person walking in the back was always attacked first. It did feel like we were fixed in the setting of a horror film.

Eris trailed in front, not event bothering to make contact with either of her brothers or me. Instead, she was muttering and murmuring underneath her breath to herself. Deciding that it was best I didn't involve myself in her inner squabbles, I settled on walking in the middle beside Apollo, who was more than willing to keep me company.

Ares was still trailing slowly far behind the rest of us, his eyebrows furrowed and jaw clenched. He was brooding, deep in thought. When he realised that I had been staring, his golden irises darted up to meet mine, and switched to Apollo within a split second, and back down to the ground. It was only then that I noticed how closely Apollo and I had been walking. It felt nice, not uncomfortable as it usually would, I didn't really enjoy having people walk near me but with Apollo it was like I didn't even notice.