27 | είκοσι εφτά

27 | είκοσι εφτά

▃▃▃▃♚▃▃▃▃

THERE WAS A ringing in my head that I could not discern, and the longer it persisted, the more painful it became.

Apparently Achilles was away on some quest saving some dame, but he did not take his spear.

Adonis told me everything.

Achille's spear, along with Heracles' Bow and many more ancient, legendary artifacts mentioned in Greek Mythology was stored away in a museum - sort building down here in Elysium.

"So, if we want the spear, we're going to have to fetch it in the Μουσείο, and leave." Ares asked as we both sat in my room, concocting a plan on how to get the spear and move along with our original plan.

I nodded, grimly. "But then what? Have we even really thought about it?" I asked, sitting up on the bed as Ares ran a hand through his tousled red locks, pacing around the room. "We get the spear, we have everything we need to win the war and then what? How do we make this god-killing weapon the fates spoke of?" My lips were pursed together. I hadn't told Ares about how I vomited out my own blood, the colour of ichor, and I also hadn't told him what Adonis told me about Apollo.

I was never really one for keeping secrets – and it was proving to be quite the challenge – but now was not the time to talk about love and feelings. We had a war to win, nothing else was more important than that. Apollo would just have to put on his big boy socks, and we'd all sit down together and discuss it once we'd won.

Ares sat besides me. "Well, we were going to crush the amulet and omphalos into a serum and coat the tip of the spear in it, then proceed to dip it into the eternal flame that resides in Mount Olympus, and fire it from Apollo's bow at Zeus, killing him." Ares explained, and I nodded in understanding, different scenarios playing out in my head.

"Dionysus is legit. He wants to make Zeus pay, and I don't know what for – but he agreed to help us get into Mount Olympus." Ares said.

"The problem is that... Apollo has gone missing. We know that he is still here, in Elysium because Helios still shines over this place, but he's not in the castle." Ares' light brown eyes were slowly and gradually turning red, and his fists were clenched at the thought of Apollo going AWOL.

I know what's going on with Apollo, my mind chirped to me as I bit my lip, the pressure of keeping the secret getting to me.

He's confessed his undying love for me, and is upset because our kiss has sealed all of our fates together, my brain continued, I tried to clear my head as my heart hammered against my chest.

I always hated secrets.

He sat down on the bed besides me. "I don't know what is going on with him. Ever since we captured the Omphalos, he's been acting a fool. Just wait until I get my hands on him – " Ares' threat was cut off when I put my hand over his, squeezing it tightly as I glanced into his honey brown eyes. "We'll be fine. We only need him when it comes to combining the Amulet and the Omphalos to make a serum. He probably just needs some time alone, he'll be back." I hope.

"Meanwhile, we need to work on our plan to get the spear. I think it would be best if..." We deduced that we'd have to do it the night of the ball, but Ares and I had both received special, gold feather - incrusted invites, so if we both disappeared, somebody would notice.