40 | σαράντα

40 | σαράντα

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU KINKY SON OF A BITCH," Poseidon was still smirking at his brother. "My nephew's not into all that hot and heavy stuff, you know that." He droned on sarcastically.

Zeus' face hardened when his deep blue eyes met with those of Poseidon. They lingered on him for a second then skimmed over to Demeter. His face was jaded when his eyes met mine. His glare remained for a while, making my blood run cold.

He didn't say anything, just lifted his fist up into the air, and clenched it. Hard.

I was confused for a moment before Ares' screams filled the air again, his body was convulsing, and he was coughing up more of the liquid. His eyes were glazed over as he continued to cough out puddles of it. His body jerked against the chains, and the only sound for miles was his screaming and begging for Zeus to stop.

"Please, father..." he managed between coughs. "She – she has..." he coughed up more ichor. "She has no hand in this, let her go. You have me. You do not need her." He said softly. If the chains weren't holding him up, he would have been flat on the ground by now.

It made my chest hurt, it was like I could feel his pain.

"Father, if I may interject..." one of the people standing around Ares' cage spoke up, her voice was deep and commanding and her brown hair was whirring with the wind, her porcelain skin making her look sickly, but in an ethereal sort of way.

The aura she exuded let me know immediately who she was.

"Shut up." Ares barked at her before Zeus squeezed his fist again, making him cough up more until he stopped struggling against the chains.

His eyes were slowly drawing to a close, but he moved his arms in an effort to stop himself passing out.

"Proceed, Athena." Zeus said slowly.

"Kill the mortal." She pointed at me, the others exchanging glances.

Another woman was standing above them, her face was sullen and her eyes were puffy as if she had been crying. She had long, flowing blonde locks. There was what looked like a small, gold crown on top of her head.

"I'd be more than happy to do it." Athena said, glaring at me. I took a step back.

Ares looked towards the other woman, his eyes pleading with her as a crease formed in the space between his vulnerable brown eyes. He tried to wipe the ichor streaming down his chin, but nothing happened when he jerked his hands against the chains.

"Mother... mother – if ever you have loved me, you will stop them. Mother, please." The woman, who I now understood was Hera watched her son, eyes watering painfully, lips quivering weakly.

"Stop this madness, Zeus." She hissed at Zeus but he lifted his palm, silencing her.

"He is weak, Hera. He was conspiring against me, his own father. He must be punished." He said, squeezing his fist again as Ares cried out in pain, eyes finding mine in an instant.

That instant broke my heart. I couldn't take it any longer.

"Now!" Poseidon shouted, before pushing his palms to the ground.