24 | είκοσι τέσσερα

24 | είκοσι τέσσερα

dedicated to jessedirection  for inspiring me to get off my ass and write the next chapter.

▃▃▃▃✵▃▃▃▃

U N E D I T E D !

IT FELT LIKE all of my being was sucked out of my body and into the atmosphere, leaving me weak and collapsing onto the ground.

That was the last thing I remembered...

So when I woke up in a strangely luxurious yet unfamiliar bedroom, I had more than a few questions.

A pang of pain attacked my head as I sat up, body still covered in the white linen sheets. I was in a giant, king-sized bed looking down at the white carrara marble floors.

A tear-drop chandelier hung above my head while bocote wardrobes dressed the room, so that it looked more whole.

I felt nauseous, like the room was spinning and I was going to throw up. I was weak, leaning against the headboard for support.

Where was I? Where were Ares and Apollo? What happened to the snakes? The island? Did we get the Omphalos?

The last thing I remember was being bitten by a snake and collapsing. Then everything went dark. I scratched my head confusedly as I tried to get out of bed.

I also noticed that I was all clean now, and somebody had changed me out of my dirty, muddy clothing.

I was dressed in a long, black silk dress. I forced myself out of bed, head pounding violently. My legs were like spaghetti against the cold floors as I ambled towards the door, where I gripped onto the handle to steady myself.

The room was still spinning and I blinked a couple of times for my gaze to focus, but it never did.

My grip loosened when the handle was turned, resulting in me falling flat on my ass as the perpetrator yanked the door open.

Ares' light brown eyes widened at the sight of me on the floor, struggling to get up. There was shock and another emotion swimming in those brown pools... relief?

"Ariel! You – you're awake!" A smile broke onto his facial features as he reached both of his strong, muscular hands out to pick me up, like a baby.

I fell my cheeks warm up at the embarrassing situation. "Y-yeah..." my throat was dry, I hadn't noticed until speaking.

I coughed, hoping my saliva would wet my throat a little bit. Ares frowned upon realising I couldn't walk on my own, and that I was holding onto him for dear life so as not to fall again.

"Are you okay? What are you doing out of bed anyway?" He asked, hoisting me up bridal style.

"What do you think you're doing?" I squealed, cheeks gradually getting hotter.

I know he carried me when we were on the island, but now there were no snakes, circumstances were different.

"Nothing we haven't done before." He shrugged, a boyish grin tugging at his full rosy lips.