35 | τριάντα πέντε

35 | τριάντα πέντε

▃▃▃▃▃☾☽▃▃▃▃▃

I WAS BACK at the palace, so many questions racing through my mind as I made my way through the familiar marble halls, searching for somebody, anybody.

'Ares?' I called, my voice echoed through the dark and empty halls.

'Apollo?' I called, this time desperately.

I was just wandering aimlessly. I'd had enough, reaching for the transportation device but froze when it wasn't around my neck.

The room around me faded, and now I was consumed in darkness. I couldn't see anything, or anybody for miles. The darkness just stretched on and I began to panic.

My heartbeat quickened as I called for somebody to help. 'Ares?' I screamed, feeling around as I ran forward, still in the utter dark.

It felt like my eyes were closed, in a dark room, and when I did close my eyes it looked just about the same.

I stopped, steadying my breath as I forced myself to think. It was kind of scary, like I'd been hurled into an abyss. Alone.

I thought harder, raking my hands through my hair. Finally, my mind cleared like a lightbulb going off.

This wasn't real. It was a dream.

My lips quivered as I opened them to speak. 'Erebus?' I called unto the god of darkness, my voice soft and small.

'Finally, you've called upon the right one.' A smooth, calming voice replied to me and my head snapped around, trying to pinpoint the source.

A silver flash of light appeared from a distance, and I had to cover my eyes so that it wouldn't blind me.

'I am Erebus. A god of the darkness.' The voice said again as I worked up the courage to look ahead.

Taken aback by what I saw, I began to stammer. 'Im-impossible. I th - I thought you were — '

'You thought you'd see a male figure.' She replied. Her bright, silver eyes dug into my soul and I could finally see her properly.

She was hauntingly beautiful. With long, black hair the colour of night, and what seemed like little stars in it. Her dark skin was glistening, shimmering in moonlight, and she wore the night sky like a dress.

'You're not Erebus, are you?' I asked, entirely hypnotized by her beauty. 'Y-you're Nyx... the goddess of the night.' She smiled, eyes white like twinkling stars.

'I've heard right. You are a clever one.' She said, hovering above me.

'This is a dream, isn't it?' I asked, looking around at the darkness that surrounded us. 'We are within Erebus?' I asked and she nodded again.

'Very good. Erebus is not a physical being. Erebus is the darkness, in the same way that Theia is the light.' She spoke very regally and it was strange. Like I was speaking to the queen of England.