Chapter 6

Jasmine and Damien show me around. It's like a small town basically. There are a few stores, and houses are scattered around with children playing in the front yards.

A few run up to Damien, and everytime, he picks them up and swings them around before putting them back down. My wall crumbles down around him a little each time he does that. The kids seem to like him, why can't I?

The whole time we walk, Jasmine babbles on about things around us, but I only catch a few things because she's talking so fast.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and jump slightly. I look over and see Damien smiling sheepishly. I smile at him and his shoulders sag slightly. He probably thought I would go crazy on him or something.

"So do you like it so far?" He asks. I nod as I look at my surroundings. It seems peaceful here.

"Yeah," I whisper with a small smile on my face.

"Clara!" I jump and spin back around to stare at Jasmine, who is staring back at me with a huge smile on her face.

"S-sorry," I stutter my apology and look down at my feet. Dad would always get mad when I didn't pay attention when he told me to.

"Hey, no it's okay! I was just gonna ask if you wanna go shopping. We can get you some clothes and stuff," She says back with a smile. I look up and see her excited face.

"I-I don't have any money," I whisper.

"Money is no problem at all. Damien will pay. Right babe?" I look over at Damien, who looks confused at first, but then he smiles at me and nods.

"Uhm..."

"Great! Let's go!" Jasmine takes my arm again and Damien follows us as we walk into a clothing store. Jasmine immediately begins looking through everything, and I trail behind her awkwardly. Damien just shakes his head and sits down on a chair in front of the dressing rooms.

"Alright, so those clothes fit you perfectly, which means I just have to get all the clothes in my size. But of course you still need to try them on..."

One hour later, we walk out the store with three bags in each hand. I'm exhausted from trying on all those clothes, and Jasmine is beaming while Damien has his arm around her shoulder, smiling because she is.

Suddenly the most intoxicating smell hits my nose, and I look around, trying to find the source of it. I stop in my tracks as I see the guy that called me 'mine' earlier, staring right at me. He starts walking this way, and I call for Jasmine. His eyes are determined as he takes huge steps, and suddenly Jasmine is on front of me, with Damien by her side.

"Isaac, you can't. Not yet," Jasmine says, as 'Isaac' tries to step around them.

"Why not," He finally gives up and stands still. I can see over Jasmine, an I'm about the same height as Damien, so he can still see me over her. Although I'm considered tall, my eyes still only reach up to his chin.

"I just want to talk to her." I stare at him the whole time as he looks down at Jasmine. She turns around to face me and Damien drags this Isaac dude off to the side and they talk to each other quietly.

"Clara." My attention gets put back on Jasmine as she stares at me.

"Are you okay with talking to him?" I immediately shake my head. She sighs and continues trying to reason with me, but I say no every time. She nods and turns to Damien and Isaac. Suddenly Isaac's shoulders sag and he turns and walks away with his shoulders slumped and head down. I furrow my eyebrows and ask Jasmine why he wants to talk to me so badly.

"It's nothing. Come one, let's take your things and show you to your room." I follow Jasmine and Damien to see huge mansion and they take me into a room on the very top floor. Damien leaves and Jasmine helps me put my things away.

"You're going to be staying here now. If you need anything, ask anyone and they'll help." I nod and she smiles before walking out my bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

I sigh as I sit on the huge bed and look around. The room is amazing. It's huge and the bathroom has a separate tub and shower.

I grab some clothes to sleep in and walk into the bathroom. I take a quick shower, and I let my hair air dry as I get changed and walk back into the bedroom and plop myself down on the bed.

It feels so different from sleeping on the cave floor for three years, but it's oh so comfy. I close my eyes and immediately start falling asleep.

I'm almost fully asleep when I feel arms move under my knees and back. I fidget, but then I hear the most soothing and melodic voice ever in my ear and calm instantly.

"Sh, it's okay. I'm here. Nothing's going to happen to you."

My body relaxes as the voice continues whispering, and I'm out like a light.

***

When I wake up, it's to light snoring. I furrow my eyebrow and raise my head to look around, when I realize the bed feels different. It's more hard and uneven. I look down and squeak.

I'm laying on top of Isaac.

His eyes open and he looks confused for a moment before his eyes settle on me. I'm frozen in fear as he continues to stare up at me.

"Di-" I don't hear the rest of his sentence as I scramble off him and run out the room. I can hear him calling my name, but I ignore it and practically fly down the stairs. I hit something hard as I turn the corner, causing me to fall back, and suddenly everything is black.