Chapter 20

Yay we reached chapter 20! I don't know how many chapters are going to be in this book, but what I know for sure is that each chapter has about a thousand words, and I plan on adding a few twists to make this story more interesting 😊

Jasmine runs up to me, followed by Damien, and they both tackle me in a hug.

"Dude!" Jasmine exclaims. "That was awesome!" She adds, giving me another hug, but more gentle this time.

"Thanks!" I chuckle and look around. "But why is like the whole pack here?" I ask confusedly.

"I don't even know. But with the way you flew through that obstacle course, I'm not surprised! Alot of us take about two minutes to complete it, but you only took one!"

"Oh. Really?" I ask, shocked. I just went as fast as I could and didn't stop. I guess that's why. But they're werewolves, how is it possible I was faster than them?

"But how? I'm just human, there's no way I could he faster than one of you guys at that."

"I don't know. When you were doing the course, you certainly didn't seem human. You were fast as lightning."

"Oh." I didn't know what to say to that.

"So what d'ya say we go get a bite to eat? I haven't eaten all day," Damien says, slinging an arm lazily over Jasmine's shoulder. She rolls her eyes and shrugs it off.

"I'm down. Clara?" She asks, turning to me. I shrug my shoulders and nod. I live to eat, I will never pass up food.

Damien, Jasmine and I walk through the huge crowd, and they make a path for us, just like when I fought Ashton. I try to ignore their stares, and Jasmine ends up leading us to a small burger joint down the gravel road.

This pack is literally a small town.

We get seated by a waitress, and she takes our drink orders after handing us the menus.

"What are you getting?" Jasmine asks Damien. He scans the menu quickly before closing it.

"I'mma get the triple meat cheeseburger and large fry."

"Again?! Last time, you scarfed down the whole thing, complained afterwards how it was too much and you ended up puking everywhere."

He rolls his eyes and waves a hand nonchalantly. "That won't happen again. I was already feeling sick before I ate it."

"Whatever," Jasmine rolls her eyes at him. "What're you gonna get Clara?"

"I think I'll go for the chicken tenders actually, with the large fry."

"Ooh. Good choice. I'm going to get a double cheeseburger and medium fry."

"Okay, your order will be out shortly," a woman says. I turn and see her walking away, a black apron around her waist.

"What the hell? Was she standing there the whole time?" I ask incredulously. Damien looks confused, as does Jasmine.

"Oh well. I don't care, I just want my food," Damien says, and he pulls out his phone.

Just five minutes later, our food is placed on the counter and we dig in. After my first chicken tender, I sip from my chocolate shake, which I got as my drink. Damien takes huge bites at a time out of his burger, and bits and pieces fly out of his mouth here and there. While he's a messy eater, Jasmine is just as bad, if not worse. Ketchup is all over her mouth, and it's no wonder Damien and Jasmine got chosen to be together.

They're perfect for each other.

I finish off my three chicken tenders and fries, and now I'm just sipping on my shake.

I start to feel a little weird, but I figure it's just because I'm getting brain freeze, and this is my first time having a cold drink like this in a long time.

"Oh God," Damien suddenly says, and then he shoots up and stumbles his way to the men's room. Jasmine shakes her head and looks at me.

"Told ya so," she chirps, sipping on her drink afterwards. I chuckle and continue to sip mine, but it's still hard to get through the small straw.

Soon I just ditch it, and I get up to grab a spoon from the counter where you serve your drink and stuff.

Sitting back down, the feeling gets worse, and I start to feel a little dizzy. I sway a little, and I shake my head as my vision gets blurry.

"Clara?" Jasmine asks. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah," I stutter out. My voice sounds weird to my ears. "I...I'm just..." I trail off and I end up falling sideways, taking my chair to the ground with me.

"Clara! What's wrong?!" I faintly hear Jasmine yell. I see more blurry figures approach me, and I groan as I feel pain in my head.

"What...why does...does every...thing...happen to me?" I mumble, and then my eyes close and everything goes black.

***Unknown POV***

"Did you do it?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes, and I glare at her in return.

"Yes I did it," she retorts. "Now give me my money." I give her the envelope and she smiles happily.

Spinning around on her heels, she begins to walk out of the room, but I stop her before she can make it to the door.

"What?" She asks boredly. She doesn't turn around, and I silently pull my gun from it's place in the back of my pants.

"You should be a little nicer to me, considering what I just did for you," I tell her menacingly. I can tell she's rolling her eyes from here, and that just angers me more. I take a slow, deep breath, and let it out just as slow.

"Yeah whatever, thanks, bye." Just as her hand reaches touches the door, I cock the gun and put the trigger after I aim it at the back of her head.

Her body instantly falls forward, and she's dead before she hits the ground. I pull out my phone and click Mason's contact.

"Get her body and put it behind the restaurant. Make sure you're not seen." I hang up before he can respond and put it back in my pocket. I spin the gun on my index finger while I wait for Mason to get here.

I swear if she doesn't die this time, what I do next will be ten times worse, and it will surely work.