Chapter 30

Hey guys!! Just a few things. First, guys omg I can't believe how many reads this book is getting, it feels like I'm in a dream rn. Second, I love how you guys are getting so into the book with the comments, it means so much to me. Honestly guys I can't thank you enough. Third, I've started working kinda regularly and I'm trying to get as many hours as possible to get more money cuz I'm only getting 8.50 an hour lol which sucks. But what also sucks is that I may not be updating as regularly as I'd want to, getting as many hours as I am. I'm sorry guys but I'm trying plz don't be mad at me😭😭😭

But on with the next chapter ..

I hug every single one of the wolves, remembering clearly who each of them are. Shadow just sits and stares, happy of the reunion currently taking place. Only when I give each of them a hug do I remember Isaac standing behind me, still in wolf form.

"Uuuuuhhhhhhhh..."

"Isaac, remember how....wait no nevermind I had told jasmine this not you. Wait maybe she told you. Hm..okay well basically before you found me I had lived with a pack of wolves for three years. This is that pack. THEY FOUND ME!" I yell the last sentence, so happy right now that I don't know what to do with myself. I shift back into wolf form and bow the front of my body, leaving my butt in the air, tail wagging crazily. A few of the others do the same thing, and we play for a good while before Isaac clears his throat. Oops. Forgot he was here....again....

"Uh....babe.....I wouldn't mind you staying here and being with them, but we have to get back for the meeting."

I pause and look at Isaac, suddenly remembering what he's talking about. Damnit. I hate stupid meetings...

I shift back into human form and Isaac throws me a shirt and shorts. Lowkey forgot I was naked in front of him, and when I realize this, I squeak...yes, squeak, and hide behind Shadow and the rest of the pack as I quickly change. But then I remember when I first shifted back, I was also naked....so he already saw me. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

I walk up to Isaac, ready to go back, but Shadow and the others follow behind me. I look to Isaac and am about to ask a question, when he turns back into wolf form (I don't even remember when he shifted back to human in the first place but whatever) and he jogs back up the hill. That's when I realize he stepped back into our own territory. He makes sure all the wolves are looking, before he lays down, rolls over onto his back, and bares his neck..

I'm watching them, waiting to see their reactions, looking back and forth between Isaac and my family.

Seconds pass. No one moves. Then Shadow looks to me as if for confirmation. I smile widely and start walking back up the hill myself, hoping they'll follow. Once I get to the top, I stand next to Isaac and stare at the wolves at the bottom hopefully. Shadow almost looks conflicted, and I can understand why. We're not even normal wolves, let alone supposedly letting them into our packlands.

But then a wolf comes up and stands next to Shadow. It whines and nips at his ears, and then looks up at me. I recognize her instantly.

Bri. The wolf that had puppies while Shadow was fighting Lucifer.

I wait anxiously for Shadow's decision. He obviously misses me, but I can see why he's so conflicted. I just hope he chooses to come.

Isaac stands behind me, rubbing my shoulders. I want to groan out loud, he's getting all the right spots, but I stay quiet and focus on Shadow, who continues to stare right at me.

Then, he barks.

A single bark.

But that bark sends all the wolves up the hill and they stand by Isaac and I, wagging their tails happily.

I smile as Shadow walks up behind them, and he stops right in front of me. I bend down and scratch behind his ears and give him another hug. He repays it by licking at my ear a few times.

I stand up and grab Isaac's hand, my smile bright and unwavering. This day just turned out to be the best day of my life.

For now......

***unknown pov***

"Damnit!" I yell, kicking over my chair and punching the wall.

"Mason!" I yell, and seconds later he walks into my office, head lowered and looking at the floor.

"What the fuck going on? It can't possibly be this hard just to kill one little girl!"

"Apparently it is..." I hear him mumble and both my eyebrows raise in response.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing..sir."

"Time is running out, and it's running out fast. We need to strike. Big time. These little small plans we had failed miserably, so we need to go in hard. Gather everyone in the great hall. It's time for a little meeting.."

***Isaac's pov***

So turns out this Jesse dude is actually a Jason. Clara just calls him Jesse because when they were babies that was how she pronounced his name, and it just stuck over the years. When she left downstairs to check what was going on, I was surprised that Jesse didn't have any hostility towards me. We had kept him in the cages after all. But he understood why we had, and was just glad we didn't kill him.

But today, finding the wolves that had raised Clara the few years before I met her....

It was almost surreal.

Not because it was happening, but because of the looks on the wolves and Clara's faces. It was like it was only them in the world. They didn't know what to do with each other.

I knew she wanted them to come back with us. But I know how other wolves are about their pack lands.

So when I allowed them to enter, I wasn't sure if they would accept or not. I hoped they would for Clara's sake.

It felt like time slowed down. My eyes swept over from the wolves to Clara and back again multiple times. Right when I was about to tell Clara again that we need to head back, the black wolf barks, and the wolves run up and stand in front of us, wagging their tails happily.

Then the black wolf, who I can tell is quite the leader, walks up behind them and stops in front of Clara. I smile as she gives him a hug and he licks her ear.

They truly had cared for her..