Chapter 24

Hey guys! Was finally able to update. I swear I'm gonna die. I spent all week nonstop practicing and we marched like six hours a day in the sun. But classes actually start tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I'm just glad I was finally able to update at least this chapter. Hope you enjoy! I'll try to get back on here ASAP

***Isaac's POV***

As soon as I realized Clara was missing once again, I sent out a search party. I hadn't expected them to find her so quick, but they did.

And that's when I felt it.

I started feeling a little dizzy, and I clutched my head as I started to get a slight headache.

When I felt pain start to course through my entire body, I immediately knew something was happening to Clara.

Forgetting about the search party out, I went out myself,. And I was able to find her scent immediately. I don't know why I hadn't thought to go out myself in the first place.

It led me to a small, hidden cabin that I could have easily looked over if it hadn't been for Clara's sweet strawberry smell coming from the back of it.

At first I had gotten mad, because a bunch of rogues were standing around in a circle, and I knew Clara was in the middle of them.

And then I heard her scream.

I completely lost it then and ran up to the unsuspecting rogues, not even trying to kill them, but pushing through them to get to Clara.

When I got to the center, my eyes practically bulged out of their sockets. There, on the floor, was Clara, on the floor on all fours, shaking and sweating uncontrollably.

I had no idea what was going on, and I was about to go up to her, but a hand clasped around my wrist and pulled me back. I spun around to see who it was, and once again, my eyes widened, not at what I saw, but who I saw.

She had looked exactly like Clara, just older, and I immediately knew her to be her mom.

Which also means she was the Alpha Queen.

Without a second thought, I had bowed down to her, but when I heard Clara scream again, anger coursed through me, and I bolted back up and glared at her.

"What the hell is happening?" I seethed.

"Calm down, Isaac. Clara is going through her first shift. It had to be done early."

Then I was forced to watch for almost a full hour before Clara's shoulders slumped slightly, and she bowed her head more than it already was.

She was giving up.

That's when I ran up to her pulled her into a hug. I couldn't tell if she knew it was me or not, but I knew it was helping her, and I continued to try and motivate her to keep going.

Just five minutes later, she had completely shifted into a wolf.

And boy, it was a wolf alright.

It was huge, way bigger than mine even, and she had the most beautiful fur I had ever seen.

White with gold tips.

Clara had looked up at me, and I held out my arms for her. After she had shifted, for some reason she had taken a few steps back. Out of shock, maybe.

She walked up to me like it was nothing and I ran my fingers through her fur. It looked so soft, but as soon as I buried my hand into her fur, I felt that it was really rough and hard.

"Clara..." Her name came out of my mouth in a whisper. "You're wolf...it's beautiful."

I had shifted into my own wolf after I said that, and immediately I felt the bond between us intensify.

She had put her head under mine, trying to be as small as possible, and we spent a good few minutes just rubbing our fur together to mix our scent.

And then she had laid down,and I knew she was really tired and worn out. The rogues had all left by now, and the Alpha Queen was nowhere to be seen, so I laid down with her, licked her ear a few times, and then I was out like a light.

***Clara's POV***

I wake up still in wolf form, and a silver wolf next to me. Immediately recognizing him as Isaac, I lick his ear until he wakes up.

He opens his eyes and yawns, whining a bit in the process. When he sees me though, he jumps up and starts walking around me, yipping and nudging me with his snout.

I get up as well, and I run through the trees, knowing he's going to follow.

He comes up next to me and we dash through the trees, jumping over fallen logs, and we end up running back into the pack's territory.

A few people are out and about, and they all stare at me curiously. Isaac nudges me with his nose again and walks ahead of me. I stay close by him and soon after, Jasmine and Damien run out of a house and stop in front of us.

"Isaac! What happened?! Where is she?!" Jasmine asks, clearly worried. I walk around Isaac and step in front of Jasmine. She looks down at me and her eyes widen.

"Isaac, who's this?" She squats down so we're eye level.

"You're fur is beautiful," she whispers in awe. I stick my tongue out and lick her face.

"Uhm..." She mumbles confusedly.

Damien holds out a pair of shorts, and I immediately look away, knowing they're for Isaac. He shifts back, and then gets down on one knee in front of me.

"You okay?" He asks, concern etched into his face. I lick his face as an answer, and he asks Damien to bring a short and shorts for me.

"Isaac?" Jasmine asks.

"You'll see in a moment," he answers her vaguely. But I think she already knows the answer, if the look on her face is anything to go by.

Damien comes back out with the shirt and shorts, and I take them in my mouth, then jog behind a tree so I can shift back and put them on.

I concentrate and imagine myself in human form, and a split second later, I'm standing on my two legs. I put on the clothes and slowly walk out from behind the tree.

"Clara?" Damien whispers.

"But...I thought..."

"Yeah. Uhm...can we talk inside?"