Chapter 19

Holy guacamole! Over a thousand reads and 100 votes?! Guys that's awesome!!!

"Oh Isaac, I should probably tell you this," I say as he jumps on the bed next to me.

"What's up buttercup?" He asks playfully. I roll my eyes. After what happened yesterday, we had to have yet another pack meeting, but this one sucked. We had to tell the loved ones of the warriors that died what happened, and then we had a funeral for all of them.

I hated it.

I didn't even know them, yet I was full on sobbing the whole time. A few people now don't like me, since they think it was my fault. Isaac told me to ignore them, but it was kinda hard when all they do is glare at you all the time.

"When that one wolf jumped at me, it didn't even do anything. Like, like it was just on top of me growling like a maniac, and then it backed up, and that's when it howled and left."

"Huh. That's weird."

"I know right?!"

"Well anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go out? With me? On a date?" I laugh, due to how awkward he is saying it, and then nod eagerly.

"Great! Well, I have to go do pack business stuff now, but be ready by seven."

"Kay!"

He leaves, and I sigh. I'm already bored. I get up and walk out of the room. Walking downstairs, I decide to head down to the training area, so I walk outside and make my way there.

When I get there, there are only a few others training. My eyes light up when I see an obstacle course.

I walk up to the guys about to do it, and tap one on the shoulder.

"Can I join?" I ask him. He raises an eyebrow and looks to the others.

"What do you think guys?" He asks them. There are three of them, including the guy I asked. One guy just shrugs his shoulders, but the other one steps back. "She can take my spot. I didn't really want to do it anyways," he says, giving me a smile.

"Alrighty then. Well first off, I'm Alex," the first guy says. I smile in return. "And this here is Henry."

"Hiya!" He shouts with a wave. I laugh and wave back.

"The guy that backed out cause he's a chicken shit is Paul." I look over at him to see he's glaring at Alex."

"So this is how the obstacle course works. First, there is the rope swing. You simply have to swing over the mud pit. Then there's the tire thingies after that, where you have to-"

"Thingies?" I interrupt with a smile on my face. He scowls at me. "Yes thingies. Those you have to jump through with each foot, it's all about high knees with that one so you don't trip and fall. Next, is the net. You have to jump on one of the small trampolines and grab onto the underside of the net, and you have to crawl under it to get to the other side. Sound good so far?" He asks. I nod my head, and he continues.

"So after the net is another rope where you have to swing over the mud pit, and then there's a huge log, where you either have to jump over it or slide under it. Next is that huge ramp over there, you have to run all the way up and grab onto the ledge, and pull yourself up. We got that from a human TV show called American Ninja Warrior. And then you have to run down all the stairs, and no you can't jump down them, but you can skip some, and then it's a home stretch from there to the finish line."

"Got it! Let's go." I take Paul's spot and get into a position to start running. Alex and Henry line up next to me, and Paul starts the count off.

I don't notice that we've already formed a huge crowd.

"Go!" Paul shouts, which gets my legs to start moving. I run up to the swing and jump while I grab onto it, and I swing easily to the other side of the mud pit. I land in a crouched position, and I immediately spring up to get ready for, as Alex called them, the tire thingies. The first one is on the right, so that's of course the leg in start with. I keep my head down to look at each tire to make sure my foot doesn't miss them, and seconds later, I'm out.

Next, I run as fast as I can to gain speed, and then jump on the trampoline, leaning forward, but not too much, and I grab onto the net. I start crawling under it, which is awkward because I have to constantly look to the side and down to see where I'm going, and try not to get tangled in it, which proves to be surprisingly hard. I get my feet on the ground at the end of it, and I use the net to haul the rest of my body up. After that, I run and once again jump to grab onto the rope and swing myself over the mud pit.

I see the log in front of me as I run, and make a split second decision to slide under it. As I'm running, and once I'm close enough, I kick my feet more forward and lean my body back so I slide on my side, and quickly get up once it's behind me. (I don't actually know how to get into a slide, so if anyone wants to tell me, I'll fix it on here)

The huge wall is right in front of me now, and I wipe my bare feet on the dry grass before sprinting as fast and hard as I can forward in the small space before the actual wall, and then up the small curve of it at the bottom, and finally up it. (I hope that makes sense. If not, watch American Ninja warrior 😂)

I grab onto the ledge at the top with my right hand as I stretch my body to reach it, and my fingers curl around it. Bringing my left hand up, I grab onto the ledge and haul myself up. I spot the three rows of stairs and take the ones to my very left. I don't take two at a time, in fear of my foot slipping and me falling the rest of the way down. Instead, I keep a steady pace, but still quick, and practically fly down the stairs.

Once I'm down, I run as fast as possible to the white line a little ways up. I hear clapping behind me, and I turn around to see Alex, Henry and Paul still at the starting line, along with the rest of the pack, clapping and yelling.

What the fudge?