Chapter 22

Hi guys! So I kinda sorta have bad news. I have to start getting ready for college, which means less time to work on and update this book. I'm so sorry idk when I'll be able to update again, but I definitely won't stop working on this book till it's finished.

***Unknown POV***

I'm so stupid! I can't believe I got caught. No matter, no matter. Maybe I can use this and form a new plan.

Maybe I'll be able to escape. Wait, what am I thinking? Of course I'll be able to escape. I'm me. I can get away with anything.

So...new plan. Right. These people are obviously going to lock me up somehow. Where did they even come from though? When we were fighting, we were fighting wolves, not other humans. It's like they popped up out of nowhere.

(If you're confused,he doesn't know werewolves exist.)

***Isaac's POV***

"Get me everyone that was working in the restaurant when she was poisoned. Bring them here."

"Yes Alpha."

"Oh my God, I don't know what I'm going to do. We were perfectly fine until Clara showed up. Why does it have to be my mate, though? What did she do to deserve this?" I ask Damien, who is my Beta, best friend, and practically brother. We grew up together, me the only child in my family, and he was as well in his.

"I don't know man. But I promise we'll get to the bottom of this. For your sake, Clara's sake, and the pack's sake."

"Yeah. Right now though, she's still in a coma, which means she's technically resting, so knowing she's safe for now is all I ask for at this point. I need to know who poisoned her, though. They're definitely going to get what they deserve."

"Yeah."

Fifteen minutes later, my Delta comes back with a total of ten people. I look each one of them in the eyes, and they try to avoid my gaze.

"Line up," I order them. They move to stand next to each other in a line, and I walk around my desk and stop in front of the first person on the very left.

"What is your job in the restaurant?" I ask her.

"I-I'm a cashier sir," she stutters.

"So you were in one place the entire time? You didn't leave your post for anything at all?"

"No sir. I was behind the register day, I never took a break."

"Very well. You may go." She leaves, and I move onto the next person, a guy this time.

"And you? What do you do in the restaurant?"

"I'm the dishwasher, sir. I never left the backroom or took a break. I was washing the dishes the whole time," he answers confidently. I nod and allow him to leave.

"What about you?" I ask the next person. She gulps nervously before answering.

"I'm a waitress, S-Sir."

"Really. And did you serve my mate, you're future Luna?" I ask.

"Y-Yes."

"Did you poison her?" My voice comes out lower, and I have to force the growl in the back of my throat down.

Suddenly she looks up from the floor and stares me straight in the eye.

"Yeah. I did. And she deserved it, too. She's just a weak pathetic human that-" I don't let her finish as my claws appear and I push them into her neck, enough to draw blood. She freezes, but a smirk forms on her face.

"Go ahead, kill me. It's not like I have anything to lose."

I retract my claws and look away from her before I do something I regret. "Damien, take her to the cellars. Make sure she's chained up with the silver chains."

"Yes Alpha." Damien puts her hands behind her back and guides her out of the room. I look at the others still in here.

"Were any of you part of this plan to poison my mate?" I ask them. They all shake their heads. "Did you know that she would do this?" Again, they shake their heads.

"Leave," I order, and they practically fly out the room.

Damien comes back a short time later, walking into the office to see me pacing back and forth.

"What's on your mind?" He asks, main me stop in my tracks.

"Clara. Rogues. Hunters. The pack. Shit, just everything. It's all going crazy."

"I know, man, but we'll get through it. We're the strongest and biggest pack in the world. We got this."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Come on. You need a drink, or a few. What d'ya say we go have a good time?"

"Dude, I can't. I still got all this paperwork to do, and then I-"

"Don't care. Let's go. We'll just go to my place and chill for a bit."

I sigh. "Just for a couple hours."

"Cool."

We go to his house, and I see Jasmine on the couch in the living room watching TV.

I sit on the other side of the couch, and Damien goes to the kitchen to grab us a couple beers.

He sits down next to me and hands me one, then turns to Jasmine.

"You alright, babe?" He asks. She looks over from the TV and nods, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, I just freaked out a bit. I'm good now."

"Good. Mind if we play the game on here?"

"Nah. I'll play with you guys."

"Cool."

Damien hooks up the console, and puts in a racing game. We all login to our own profiles, and then start the game.

The screen is split into three, with Jasmine and Damien on top, and I'm third, so I have the bottom half of the screen to myself.

It counts down, and the green light appears. We take off, Jasmine immediately getting in the lead. At the first turn though, she ends up crashing, and I get ahead of her and Damien.

The first lap passes, and then Damien somehow gets in front of me.

Not for long.

After the next turn, I hit the side of his car, making him spin out of control, and me too slightly, but I gain control again quickly and end up in first place after I cross the finish line.

I hadn't even noticed I finished my beer, but apparently I did, and after that first game, Damien asks if I want another one. I decline, saying I think I need to get started on that paperwork.

I decide to leave and go check up on Clara first though. I leave their house after saying goodbye, and go back to the pack house, and then into the hospital part of the pack house. I walk into the room Clara's in, and then stop in my tracks.

She's not there.