Chapter 12

Hello peoples! I just wanna say thanks again for reading and voting. And also that since I'm moving into my dorm in like three weeks, I'm not going to be able to update like I have been. I'm still going to try though because I don't want to let you guys down, because personally I hate it when people take forever to update a chapter. I don't wanna become that person. Kay bye!

***Isaac's POV***

"She can't have just disappeared out of thin air! Find her. Look high and low. I don't care if you have to go all over the world, I want her back. Now."

"Yes Alpha."

"Leave. And make sure you contact other packs and tell them what's happened."

"Of course, Alpha." My Gamma, Matt, walks out of my office, shutting the door behind him. I groan frustratedly and run a hand through my hair for the umpteenth time.

I can't believe they were able to take her. We were so close to the safe house, and they still got her. If one of those stupid rogues hadn't been able to inject me with wolfsbane, I wouldn't have gone down so easily when I was hit in the back of my head with a stupid stick.

More of my warriors had come as soon as I was hit, and they took care of the humans that were on site, trying to kill us.

I've never heard of humans and rogues working together, and I still don't think that's the case. Something's up, and I intend to find out what.

I get up and walk out of my office. Mind-linking Jasmine and Damien, I tell them to meet me at my house so we can talk about what's happened, and see how we can fix it.

I shift into my wolf and shake out my fur before running through the trees to my house. I also have an office there, but I was needed here at the pack house, so I just used my office there.

About five minutes later, I shift back and grab a pair of shorts Damien hands me. I thank him as I quickly pull them on, and the three of us walk into my office, which is on the first floor of my house.

"So, I have no idea where to start. All I know is that Clara was taken by rogues, and then humans came in and attacked us. I don't think they were hunters, though," Damien finishes off.

"Why not?" Jasmine asks, looking tired and worried. We all look like that right now.

"Well I mean, by the looks of it, they were also trying to get to Clara. Why would hunters do that? They don't even know her, and she's not a werewolf."

"Maybe they found out she's my mate and took her to try and weaken the pack," I suggest. It would make sense. Meeting her, and not having completed the mating bond, I already feel lost without her. Even if she was scared of me.

"I doubt that. Usually hunters still try to fight the whole pack, get rid of as many wolves as possible. But they left when they couldn't find her and we killed most of them."

"Hm..." What they both say is true, but  all I want is Clara back.

"Okay, we need to have a pack meeting. Damien, can you tell the pack to meet up in fifteen at the pack house?"

"Of course."

Damien and Jasmine leave, and I sigh as I get up and head to my room. I walk into the restroom and turn on the water to take a quick shower. Taking off my shorts, I hop in and immediately grab my shampoo and pour into my hand before scrubbing it into my hair.

As I finish off the rest of my shower, I can't help but think of Clara. She's so beautiful. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen. With her long black hair and piercing blue-grey eyes, she's definitely a sight for sore eyes.

I turn off the water and quickly dry my body before walking out of the restroom and putting on a clean pair of boxers, shorts and T-shirt.

I run my hand through my damp hair as I descend the stairs, taking two at a time. I grab my car keys from the bowl by the front door, and walk outside, shutting the door behind me.

Putting the key in the ignition, I turn it and hear the car turn on, before putting it in reverse and backing out of my driveway.

It takes ten minutes to drive there, since there are turns and curves and whatnot, and I park in the small lot already filled with other cars.

I mentally prepare myself for the speech in going to have to give about my mate, and take a deep breath before turning the car off and getting out.

I walk into the pack house and into the huge auditorium where we hold pack meetings. Damien mind links me, telling me everyone is hear, and I walk up into the stage.

"Uh... Thank you all for coming on such short notice," I start out awkwardly as I rub the back of my neck. I'm not good with speeches or talking in front of large crowds, something my Dad tried to teach me to fix, but I just never could.

"Forgive me for speaking out of turn Alpha, but I believe I'm asking everyone's questions by asking what exactly is going on. Rogues and hunters working together? That's unheard of."

"Yes, it is, and I do not blame you at all for asking that question, but the truth is, I don't know what is going on myself. Damien, Jasmine and I had a short talk about this before this meeting, and we don't believe those humans we're hunters. We feel they were just coincidentally looking for the same thing at the same time."

"What we're they looking for?" Another pack member asks.

"Well, about a month ago, we found a human girl, covered in blood that was still gushing out of tons of gashes and cuts all over her body. She was on the brink of death, and out of our pack lands, but no one was around, so we brought her to the clinic, and Doc was able to stop the bleeding just in time. She recently woke up from her coma, and her and Jasmine became friends. Well, it turns out she is just a little more than an ordinary human."

"The rogues took her. Your future Luna. My mate."