Chapter 7

I wake up with a huge headache. My eyes open to see the all too familiar hospital room. I look to the right and see Isaac on a chair next to the bed, leaned back and eyes closed. Hopefully he's actually asleep.

I groan when the headache gets worse, and Isaac's eyes fly open and he stares at me with wide eyes. He stands up and I cower away as his full height towers over me.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asks. My mouth stays shut and I just continue to stare up at him.

The door burts open then, and Jasmine runs over to where I am.

"Isaac! You idiot, I thought I told you not to come in here!" She literally drags him by the ear to the door and pushes him out. He complains about her pulling on his ear, but she ignores it and huffs angrily. When she shuts the door, I breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm so sorry Clara, I told him to stay away, but he won't get it through his thick skull that you don't want to talk to him." I nod in understanding and look down at my now intertwined hands.

"Why does he want to talk to me so bad?" I ask shyly. She winces and rubs the back of her neck.

"I'll explain it some other time, but right now, how about-" She freezes and stops talking, and she seems to be having an internal battle with herself. But then her eyes widen and she looks at me with eyes full of fear and concern.

"Clara, whatever you do, do not leave this room, okay? Just stay here, everything will be fine." Then she rushes out the room, slamming the door behind her.

***unknown POV***

"Damn it!" I slam my fist on my desk and take a deep breath. This is not supposed to be happening. How did it even come to this?

She's supposed to be dead!

I take another deep breath and then I hear a knock on the door.

"What?!" I shout angrily. The door opens to reveal Mason, my right hand man.

"Dave, we found where they're living. What's our next move?" He asks. I think for a moment before I make my decision.

"We need to attack. Now. We can't let her mate with him. If she does, it will be harder to get to her. Get the men ready. We move out in fifteen."

"Got it." He leaves and I run my hands over my face.

"Why does everything have to be so difficult?" I mumble to myself as I sit in my desk chair.

***Clara's POV***

I slowly get up and start pacing. I can hear shouting and screaming, and also growling.

Why do I hear growling? Are there wolves near by?

I walk to the window and look outside. I don't see anything, so everything must be happening in the woods.

But what's happening?

Suddenly the door burrs open, and Isaac walks in. I start walking backwards, but he holds out his hands for me to stop.

"Please, you need to come with me. It's not safe. We need to get you out of here." His voice is full of worry, and I walk toward him immediately.

"What's happening? Where's Jasmine? And Damien?" He ignores my questions and gently grasps my arm. He pulls me out of the room, and we head out through the back. The screaming and growling is louder as we step outside, and he leads me through the woods, but apparently away from the sounds, as it gets quieter the more we walk.

A loud bang causes me to duck on instinct, and I spin around to see where it came from. A guy is standing a few yards away, with a gun in his hand.

Which is pointing at me.

Isaac steps in front of me and growls. Like actually growls. And then Isaac disappears. Well, not disappears, more like transforms. Changes? Shifts? Either way, I don't see Isaac anymore. Instead, a huge silver wolf is in front of me, and shredded and ripped clothing is now scattered everywhere.

I watch with wide eyes as the wolf lunges, and the guy with the gun scrambles to get out of the way, but the wolf is on him before he can blink. It growls menacingly before its teeth sink into the guys neck, pretty much killing him instantly.

More gun shots are heard, and I crouch down even more. I cover my ears as the gun shots don't stop, and suddenly I'm being picked up. I look up to see Isaac with a bare chest running with me in his arms. I say nothing as I hear more gunshots and growls, all sounding too close for comfort.

Suddenly I land hard on the ground, and Isaac is on the ground next to me, not moving. A guy stands just above him, with a huge stick in his hand.

He swings it toward my face, but I narrowly doge it, and get up. I sprint away as fast as I can, going in the same direction Isaac was taking me.

I hear a gun shot and duck on instinct, and I see it fly right by me. I turn left knowing if I continue going straight, he has a clear shot at me. I run through trees and jump over big roots.

More gun shots are heard, but I ignore them and focus on running. I can't afford to trip or fall.

The growling and screaming seem to be getting closer, and I hear more footsteps behind me.

"Aargh!" I spin around as I hear an agonizing scream. Damien is on his knees, clutching at his shoulder which is spurting out blood.

"Keep running!" He shouts, so I turn back around and do as he says.

I don't see when he shifts into a wolf and attacks the guy who shot him.

I scream as a guy appears in front of me and points his gun at my head. I freeze, and I feel a sharp pain in my head before everything goes black.