Chapter 33

***Clara POV***

Of course, me being the perfectly stable and balanced person I am, when I jump up from the bed my feet get tangled in the sheets and I end up face planting the floor.

I groan before furiously kicking away the blankets, mad that they would betray me after keeping me nice and warm all night.

Jumping up from the floor, I strain my ears as I suddenly hear growling downstairs. Looking over at Isaac, I decide to leave him in bed because he just looks so cute and peaceful.

Tiptoeing downstairs, Which is actually alot tougher then I'd thought it would be, I come around the corner and see Shadow and the rest of the pack snarling and growling at people that have barged in. I can tell by looks and smell that all of them are human.

Which is a big no no!!

Taking a deep breath, I watch patiently to see what either side does. The humans frown uncertainly, and look around. A guy walks up and looks around, then pokes at his ear, which looking closely, I see an ear piece in.

"Boss, these look like ordinary wolves. Should we still do em?" He asks in an ugly, scratchy voice. He listens intently before nodding his head once.

"As you say boss."

And then all hell breaks loose.

***Isaac's POV***

I reach over blindly to the other side of the bed, aiming to get Clara and snuggle up to her. When all I feel is her warm-ish side of the bed, I peel an eye open and see that she's not there. Sure that she just went to the bathroom or got hungry, I turn around and pull the cover up to my chin. Had to grab one of my own cuz she always hogs all the blankets.

As I'm drifting off to sleep, I'm startled out of bed. So much so that I jump and fall off the bed, landing straight on my ass. I stay on the floor for a good few seconds, confused, before I hear a high pitched scream.

It takes me a solid 15 seconds to get out of the blanket and standing up, and then I'm running downstairs, tripping over most of them, and I stop at the foot of the stairs, taking in the sight before me.

The screaming is still happening, and its actually from a guy I've never seen before. He's backed against the wall by Shadow, who is growling menacingly at him. Clara is off to the side, smirking at him.

All around the living room, Shadow and the other wolves have these people tucked in to the wall, their guns on the floor behind the wolves, and they all look petrified. I slowly make my way over to Clara, who has now seen me and is waving energetically.

"Hi?" I reply when I get to her, still confused as to what is going on. Clara just smiles and starts walking around, picking up the fallen weapons and putting them in a pile away from the dudes about to get mauled by the wolves.

"Shadow and the Pack have things under control, I think we need to have a pack meeting first thing in the morning. These guys are humans if you can't tell," Clara points out and I stare stupidly at her before realization dawns on me. Looking back to the intruders, I finally notice the distinct smell.

And the fact that two of them have peed their pants.

I walk in to a nearby storage closet and take out zip ties, and make my rounds tying up the dudes one by one. The very last dude tries to fight back, but Shadow growls once, and he sits on the floor like an obedient puppy.

Deciding to question them all tomorrow, I lead them down to the basement, and throw them all in one room. When I turn around, The Pack are coming downstairs, and they walk right up to the door and lay down. Guessing they want to keep watch, I smile in thanks at Shadow and head back up stairs. Not seeing Clara anywhere, I head up stairs to the second floor to head back to the room.

Clara was in bed,

Well no.

She's jumping on the bed currently, her wild hair bouncing everywhere, and a huge smile plastered on her face.

Right when I am about to suggest to Clara that we head back to sleep, I hear a loud bang, and a wolfish wimper.

******************************
Hey hey hey I know I suck, you wanna throw me off a cliff, drown me in peanut butter, hit me with a banana, I get it. Just gonna say i started working 2 jobs back in october and it's been taking its toll on me. But here's whatever this is idk just kinda whipped it up but the next chapter will have lots of action.

Love ya lots,
Sincerely,
The lady everyone hates rn.