Chapter 16

Holy fudgecicles I can't believe this story has reached over 600 reads already. Like literally, I'm usually an early bird, but I decided to stay up one night, and the idea to make this story popped into my mind. I literally only had the first chapter planned out, but now I kinda sorta know where I'm going with this. So please continue! Ya know, if you want...

Literally one or two days ago after publishing this chapter, I had 500 instead 600 in the above authors note. I got on this morning to publish this chapter and I almost fainted.

"Can you show me your scars?"

"Why I-I mean, what scars?" I ask slowly. Dang, I'm a horrible liar. But I don't want anyone to ever see them, especially Isaac. You can still see the ones from when that wolf attacked me, and I was already ugly with those, but now I'm even more ugly with the hundreds of scars added to my body. Mainly my torso, chest and back.

He lifts up my arm and traces a few of the scars with his index finger.

"I know you already had scars from when we found you, and I know for sure you can't go through torture like you said without scars."

"But why?" I ask quietly. I hate them. They're hideous, and they remind me of everything I had to go through, even if it was for a good cause, I still hated it. I mean, who wouldn't?

"I just want to see them. Please."

I sigh and turn around so that my back is facing him. I pull off my shirt, revealing my sports bra and the hundreds of scars that run up and down my back. He sucks in a sharp breath of air, and he growls lowly.

I tense when his fingers touch my back, but quickly relax. Feeling his huge, warm hand on my back is comforting.

"So I have this idea." He suddenly says. I spin around and stare at him.

"And what's that?" I ask.

"We show the pack your scars."

"Nope!" I immediately protest. Why the heck does he want to do that?

"Please! We're the strongest and largest pack in the world, how do you think they'd react if they see you're my mate, and human? They'll look down at you when they should be looking up to you, just because you're not a werewolf. But if they see what you had to go through while you were gone, we don't have to say why, since it's better for less people to know for now, they'll have more respect for you."

He does have a point, I think in my head as I continue to make eye contact with him.

"Fine. Let's hurry up and get this over with," I grumble. He smiles and leads us to the pack house.

He tells me to wait backstage while he, Jasmine and Damien explain what's going on. When Isaac calls me out, I walk on stage confidently, showing they don't bother me, but inside, I'm freaking out. Will they hate me? Will they think I'm not good enough? Will they actually look down at me because I'm human?

"This is Clara. Your future Luna." I smile as it technically kinda has a double meaning. Yeah, I'm going to be Luna of this pack, but I was also told that the Alpha Queen is the Luna of all Lunas. Under the Moon Goddess of  course.

I hear gasps all around the room, and my smile falls. The scars on the front part of my body are mainly from when that stupid wolf attacked me for no reason, and they are on display to the entire pack.

"These scars you see here are from when she was attacked by a wolf in the woods  just on the outside of our territory. We found her just in the nick of time, but you all know this. I called upon this meeting because four months ago, she was taken by rogues. She literally just came up to me fifteen minutes ago and explained to me everything that happened while she was taken."

"What happened, Alpha?" Someone yells from the back.

"She was beaten and tortured." More gasps. I gulp as Isaac tells me to turn around. I do so until my back is facing them and guess what?

More gasps.

I turn back around after a few more moments and the faces of the entire pack range from shock, to pity, to anger.

"She went through a lot, but it wasn't in vain. In the upcoming weeks, I will call for another meeting, so for now, dismissed." Everyone gets up to leave, but Jasmine, Damien, Isaac and I stay back. Jasmine and Damien hadn't seen my scars before either, and they're even more shocked and angry than Isaac was. They knew me more than him after all.

We walk out after a bit, and a lot of the pack is just scattered around the pack house. Some kids are playing, and the adults are talking.

But everything stops as we walk out. I try to ignore their stares on me as we walk past them, but I hear a few scoffs and snorts from a few pack members, which surprises and angers me at the same time.

When I see the next person that does that, I round on them.

"What was that for?" I ask, venom lacing my voice. The guy just rolls his eyes at me.

"Nothing. It's just that, you have a lot of scars, so what? A lot of us do too, you're nothing special. Just human."

I hear a growl behind me, and Damien and Jasmine refrain Isaac from pouncing on the dude.

"I'm just human? Okay, how about we take this right here, right now?"

"What? You wanna fight?" He asks, and I sense the laughter he's trying to hold back.

"Yeah. Unless you're scared to fight a human. A girl, nonetheless."

He gets angered by that, and the pack forms a large circle around us.

"Clara, what are you doing? Better yet, Ashton, what are you doing? You're going to fight your future Luna?"

"Come on Alpha, let's see what she has. She's the one that wants to fight anyways," he smirks.

Oh, I can't wait to wipe it off his stupid face.

"Yeah, so let's get this over with." I crack my knuckles for emphasis and face this Ashton guy.

"Clara, he's our gamma, pack warrior leader. He was born to fight." I scoff.

"So?"

Isaac sighs, but I can tell he also wants to see just what I can actually do.

"Well if this is going to happen, let's move it to the training area."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And frasermagoo this one is for you because you're awesome! And because you've also stuck with this book so far. And Happyflappy2000 and horsesrmylife24

And everyone else reading this book!