Chapter 2 | Grandchild

Recap:

"As I was saying, I would like to know how we can stop the termination."

This time, I looked up to meet his eyes and it took him a while to gather his strength and answer my question. But, eventually, he did.

"There's only one way I'm willing to stop it."

"And that is?"

I was eager to know the answer. He was playing a game of push and pull with me but I knew better than to quit.

"Become my wife"

End of Recap.

Iman's POV

"Are you even speaking business Mr. Zane?"

This man must've lost his mind. How would me, marrying him, solve our solution? More importantly, there are millions of other woman who are better than I am out there in the world. Why was it me out of all?

"Yes, this is strictly business."

I sighed from pure frustration. There were a million things going on in my head and curiosity was killing me from the inside. I could've blurted out a million questions right this moment.

"Mr. Zane, you're not making sense here."

I wanted to walk away, no. I wanted to smack him across the face but I was too scared of him to do that and I don't even have the courage to do that.

"I can't tell you anything. Not until after you've become my wife. But just know that this is the only way I can stop the termination."

"If you think I'm an easy woman that you can just come up and propose to, you've thought wrong. I'm disappointed in you. All this time, I thought our partnership was something mutual but turns out that you want something in return."

Just before I was about to walk away after sharing my disappointment with him, he made me stop in my tracks when he said, 

"It took me five years because in those five years, I have been watching over you."

I turned around in shock. So, he basically stalked me behind my back, taking our partnership as an advantage?

"Why would you do that? Astaghfirullah. Ya allah, I really think you've lost your mind."

I told him but he continued to show his poker face. He didn't care about how I felt at all.

"I have my reasons and those reasons you won't find out until the time comes."

I could sense danger in his tone. Almost like he was warning me not to ask any further or speak. But, I was going to tell him my answer to his 'proposal.'

"I'm sorry Mr. Zane, but if you thought you were going to get a yes from me, you thought wrong. I have confidence that the company can live without you and your company. Therefore, I won't be marrying you."

This was now my second time turning around and walking away and as I did so, he spoke again but this time, I didn't stop. Even as he said, 

"You'll deeply regret this."

~~~

(A Few Weeks Later...)

"Ms. Iman, we can't start new projects without having access to our facilities and those were given to us by Zane Industries."

I groaned out of frustration. 

Zane Industries, Zane Industries. That was all I heard these past few weeks!