Chapter 24 | Visitors

**Recap**

"Listen, Iman is the woman I love and you so happen to be her brother. I only asked for you to be here so I could hear you out and listen to you before deciding to press charges. I can't do that without hearing you first."

He took a glance my way but shortly, turned back to his original position and Hamdan and I looked at each other. Just while I was thinking of other things to say to him, he finally managed to respond.

"If I tell you, I'll die. More importantly, my family will die."

Zane's POV

"Munir, I assure you that as long as I'm around, your family will be untouched. I will heighten security if I have to. I just need to understand why you did this."

He sighed from annoyance. But it didn't seem like I was the one to blame for that. He was angry with himself. 

"As long as you're affiliated with the king, then my family will never be safe."

"What does the king have to do with this?"

He looked up with sincere eyes and said, "Because it was the king himself who used me as his pawn, to do the dirty work he would've done."

The flame inside me only grew twice as faster than before. I couldn't detain it inside so I ended up throwing the nearest cup beside across the room. 

"WHAT!"

My breathing escalated and I wasn't in control anymore. That old man had the audacity to continue to ruin my life, despite the countless times I've forgiven him just for the sake of his health. This time, I lost all mercy I had left for him. 

"HOW?!" I asked Munir who continued to explain the story in detail.

"He threatened to harm my family. I was left with no choice but to abide by his commands. He sent the threats you both received and it was him who ordered for Iman's office to be destroyed and he sent the message in red ink on her office walls just a week before the wedding."

That explained why she returned to her office that day. She kept it hidden from me knowing I'd worry...

"The day of the wedding, I was disguised as one of the workers for setup and lighting all because he wanted Iman to be shot that day. But, never in my life will I ever cause harm to my sister. Never would I hurt my own blood. So I found no alternative but to shoot you. I could've shot someone else but...."

"I get it, I get it." I cut him off. "You were in a difficult position already. I'm glad I was the one that got shot instead of Iman. But, either way, your sister ended up donating her kidney to me to save my life."

"What?" His eyes widened a little, showing shock but I had already accepted the fact that things already happened, and I needed to find Iman faster. If only I wasn't in this hospital bed.

ring ring ring

Suddenly, there was an incoming call from my phone and I took a look to see it was an unknown number. As this was my personal phone, I went ahead and took the risk of picking it up despite the situation I was in. 

"Hello?"

"Zane." I heard sobbing through the other line and her voice was enough to trigger a response from me. One in which I stood up despite the pain I had.

"Iman, baby, hang in there."

"Zane, how am I supposed to face you." She cried

"Why would you say that hayati?"