Chapter 7 | Royalty

Iman's POV

I was far too uncomfortable in this place. Or, should I say, palace. All of his family members sat around the long table with each and every chair filled. I regret coming here. I really do. 

"So, Iman, I heard you own your own company?"

I nodded, revealing a quick smile that wasn't genuine at all. 

"How big is the company?"

I turn to my left to see a man which looked far too familiar but I wasn't able to get a grasp of his identity. 

"The company stretches across the globe with the main headquarters in France. There are locations in Dubai, Germany, London, as well as New York." I replied. 

"Impressive." He nodded. 

"Iman, I'm sure you were pretty surprised at to where you ended up after your little argument with my son outside, but there are certain things you have to live up to and you've already broken one of them." His mother placed her fork down. "And that is that the wives of the princes must have little to no exposure to the world."

I bit my tongue. If I were to talk back to her about my morals and how I think woman shouldn't be hidden from the world, then I would ruin Zane's future. Wait, why do I even care about it? I'm the one wanting to get out of it.

"There is nothing we can do about that. She's been around the media for more than three years. Even if you tried to erase every news article and every picture of her, there are people that she's met that can still bring back her existence. I don't want her to be concealed like the wives of my brothers."

Zane suddenly spoke out and that is when his father looked at him and asked, 

"Are you sure about this? You won't have any problems with her loyalty towards you afterwards?"

"I can assure you that I'm the only man she's ever gotten close to."

He responded. But then the man from before also jumped in on the conversation and asked him, 

"I wouldn't be too sure about that."

We all looked over at him, curious to see where he was getting at. 

"What do you mean by that, Hamdan?" Zane questioned him and kept his eyes on him up until he replied,

"Just an assumption. I mean, she is a business woman after all."

The topic seemed to go downhill from there. That is when the maids walked in with more entrees and they even put out the desserts. 

"So, Iman, why did you agree on marrying my son? I don't assume it is for the money nor the fame since you've already got the two." Zane's father picked up his spoon. I watched him take a sip on his soup before answering, 

"Father."

Zane warned. 

"Is your father so guilty for asking such a simple question?" His mother scolded him and then she looked back at me with a light smile, waiting for my response. 

I waited and took a deep breath before saying, 

"He was simple."

"What?" His mother sounded shocked at the description I used for Zane and I even felt his head tilt towards my direction from the corner of my eyes. 

"Despite his assets and his identity I had no clue about, he was a simple and straightforward man. He didn't try to act like he understood me. More like, he felt me. My emotions, my morals, my views. He let my imagination and thoughts run wild and never concealed a single speck. He never said I couldn't do anything. He's the only man I met who had faith in me. So sir, that is why I agreed to marrying him."