Chapter 9 | Clumsiness

Iman's POV

"Zane! You don't just pick up someone like that when you're on a horse!"

I continuously kept hitting him on the chest because he scared me and caught me off guard. Not to mention he put me on a horse while it was still moving and I'm already heavy so he could've possibly fell off trying to pick up my heavy self with just a hand!

He stopped my hand with one of his free hands that weren't holding onto the rope of the horse and calmly told me,

"You also don't hit your husband like that when he's trying to steer a horse. Look, everyone's looking at us now."

"I don't care whether anyone is looking. I care more about my life!" I exclaimed as I held on firmly to him. Keep in mind that he grabbed me when I turned around meaning I was riding the horse, facing him, not forward which made it even worse.

"Can you stop the horse so I can ride it properly?"

I told him.

I felt him look down to give me one last look and then I felt the horse come to a complete stop. Afterwards, Zane let himself go of my grip and hopped off the horse. He extended his arms for me to get off and for once, I didn't think twice about giving my hands to him.

He gently placed me down to the ground and I turned back, facing the horse correctly this time. The saddle already had leg support so I stepped on that and slowly got on top of the horse by myself this time. Instantly, I grabbed the rope and that's when Zane told me, 

"I'll guide the horse, you just sit back."

As soon as he said that, the horse started to move and I was very satisfied that I finally got to check off at least one thing that was on my bucket list. The ride was calm and it would've been better if so many men weren't looking over here. I saw some women as well wearing abayas that were black and I was probably the only one with a colored one out here.

"You know, riding a horse was something that was on my bucket list and here I am, actually on one." I smiled and gently caressed the horse's mane. 

"Well, how does it feel?" He turned the horse around.

"It feels magical." 

That's when he turned to look at me to see me grinning and we held eye contact for a while even though the horse was moving and I subtly looked to the distance afterwards, feeling my heart do multiple flips. I also felt my breathing accelerate so I tried to calm myself by placing my hand over my chest. 

"Are you ok?" I heard him ask

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just, just a little excited, that's all." I awkwardly smiled.

After the both of us walked around with me on the horse and him guiding it, I finally told him that I was tired and riding the horse wasn't necessarily as comfortable as people made it seem. So, he helped me down again and said, 

"I'll be back. Let me put her in her stable and get changed."

I nodded and took out my phone to see that Harper was calling. Oh dear. Let's hope no one is pulling another Mr. Curtis again. 

"Yes, Harper?"

"Ms.Iman! How are you?"

"I'm good Harper. How are you? How's things over at the company?" I asked.

"I'm fine and so is the company. I was only calling to see if you were fine. The company just doesn't feel the same without you here. I'm having to triple check every process that goes on here because decisions just aren't as satisfying as the ones you make."