Chapter 11 | Unknown

Iman's POV

"This place feels like it's being torn and I can't take it and it's like I'm feeling the pain you feel through this. " I sobbed but I wasn't able to look at him. Let alone, allow him to see me like this. My heart ached for him.

"Iman, what do you mean?" He asked.

That's when I did something I never thought I'd do first and wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head inside his shirt.

"Let's stay like this. Just for a minute."

When I said minute, I meant hour. He didn't mind and neither did he say a word as I quietly sobbed on his chest for what felt like an eternity. Eventually, he too wrapped his arms around me, caressing my back in circular motions which helped me calm down. 

I really think I'm the definition of an emotional brat. I can't help but to break out in tears at the most random moments.

His embrace felt like it was all I needed. Had I known that this was something that would calm me down sooner, I wouldn't have hesitated so much in the past. And the feeling of his strong, muscular arms that had present veins going through them made me feel even more secure. It was like I belonged.

After feeling like this was enough, I slowly pulled apart from him and gasped at his shirt, 

"Oh my god, I'll clean this up for you."

He shook his head and held both of my arms.

"No, that's not necessary."

And I was soon lifted up from the ground by him, once again. He opened the door and made sure not to hit me through the wall by turning sideways. This whole time, as he made his way upstairs to my room, I looked up at his face and noticed his beard was freshly trimmed and his hair was messy. Both contradicting each other.

His eyes, though, felt like I could get lost in. They weren't any sort of special color but they actually were because of their effect. I was so lost in them, to the point I only realized we were finally in my room as he gently placed me on my bed. He even helped me take off the jacket he put on, earlier.

"Make sure you call me when you need to get up. I'll be right outside your door."

He tucked me in but I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why are you going to be outside? Go sleep in your room."

He ignored me and stood up, walking out of the room, making sure to close the door, slowly. I got up and tried to walk over to the door but then I remembered my fractured leg. I could skip over there with one leg, but even if I tried to persuade him, he'd never listen. 

***

I sat there, staring at my reflection into the mirror. What's happened to me? My face looks different for some reason and I don't remember ever getting anything done on my face. I even cured the puffiness of my eyes by waking up just an hour early to apply some tea bags and even an eye mask so no one asked me why I cried.

*knock knock*

I turn towards the door and say, "You can come in."

Expecting a maid, I was about to tell her to call Zane but when he walked in, that's when I remembered that he said he was going to wait outside my door. But, it seems like he already got ready judging by the change in his clothes.

"Are you ready?" He looked up and down at me from the position I sat in front of the makeup table. "We won't be having breakfast here so take whatever you need to take."

I nodded and stood up slowly, making sure I wouldn't hit my foot on anything. Then, I lifted my dress up slightly to allow me to skip on one leg to go to the closet but Zane walked over and placed both of his arms on my hips from the side and helped me walk.