Chapter 8 | Trust

Imans POV

I jumped up as I saw Zane stand up so aggressively and leave the room. If I figured him out these past few days then I'm able to guess that he wouldn't even think twice about what he's doing once he's mad so I went after him.

"Zane! Zane! Wait!" I tried stopping him and I even went to the extent of grabbing his arm.

"Zane wait, what are you going to do." We both stopped at the stairs.

"I'm going to ask who did this." he growled and glared into the distance

"What is that going to do? What's it going to change?" I asked him 

He looked in my eyes for what felt like a while and said,

"You're right, I'll just kill whoever it is instead." He forcefully let himself go from my grip and I wasn't about to let him start something when it was just our second day here. So, I grabbed both of his arms this time. 

"Zane, please!"

After seeing the eagerness in my eyes, he paused and slowly put down my hands that held his arms. 

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this Iman, with or without you and since you asked me, I won't make a scene."

I stared at him blankly, confused at the tone he just used. He was still mad but he was subtle and calm too. Why was he always confusing me like this?

He turned around and walked back as I watched him. I had no reason to go back to the dining area so just as I had turned around, I heard someone call for me, 

"Iman!"

I turn to see that is was Zane's father and instantly smiled, "Yes, baba?"

"Get ready, I will be taking you from here. I told Zane just now, don't worry about asking him." He walked up to me and held my hands. 

"Ok. Let me just change quickly and I'll be right with you." I gently let go of his hands and turned back to go to my room. There, I walked into the closet to see that Zane was right. There were clothes here and new ones at that. They all even had the tags on them. After finding something suitable for me, I quickly changed purses to match the outfit and grabbed my phone.

I dashed out of the room and walked past the long hallway which led me back downstairs and he wasn't there. Instead, there was a guard who told me, 

"He's waiting in the car right outside, ma'am"

I nodded, smiling and leaving the house, waving bye to the guard. I don't know why I did that but sometimes I tend to do weird things when I am rushed/under pressure. As I was out and walking down the front stairs, outside, I saw a white car pulled up and the window opened, revealing baba. 

"Come in child, come. We've got a long day, you and I."

I chuckled and shook my head at his excitement. Even I wasn't this excited about the wedding but I guess he is. I turned around the car to sit in the back, beside him and we were off to wherever baba instructed the driver.

Zane's POV

"So, who remembers picking up an 18 year old from school a couple years ago."

I watched every single one of them look up from their devices and look me in the eye as soon as I finished my sentence. Some even looked up after I said the word 'school.' 

"What are you talking about Zane?"

Farah asked. He was the second oldest and five years older than me. It could possibly be him.