15. He is Special

Abhi smiled as he walked to them while they all stared at him in confusion.

Mukti: What do you mean, Abhi?

Abhi: It was not a mere compliment, Mukti. Manik is indeed special for Barbie.

They looked at him wide eyed except for Manik who was not that surprised. Yes, he didn't expect this but then, he was sure there was something she hid behind those beautiful orbs. The way she was taking his nonsense from days, he was sure she felt something for him too.

He came out of his thoughts hearing Cabir.

Cabir: Why would you say that, Abhi?

Abhi: Because I know my Barbie. She doesn't compliment anyone at all. According to her, giving compliments means making them think that they have won the race when in actual it hasn't even started yet.

Manik smiled foolishly while others were just simply surprised.

Manik: I am special.

He murmured, earning all of their attention. Abhi smiled, while his friends had that teasing smile on their faces.

Aliya: Yes Manik, you are special.

Dhruv: Very very special.

Manik grinned like a teenager guy without even shying for a mere second. It was indeed a very special moment for him.

Mukti: See Guys, He is still smiling. Manik, you can also blush, no one is going to inform your Nandini Ma'am.

She teased him, calling Nandini the same way he calls by stretching the Ma'am a little and his eyes went wide.

Was it so obvious? Apparently it was.

While laughing, Abhi kept his hand on Mukti's shoulder, turning her scarlet red then and there. Others gave her teasing looks and she warned them with her eyes to not to tease them.

However, from the corner of his eye, Abhi noticed their looks and Mukti's red face. He smiled and decided to save her from their teasings.

Abhi: Guys, I was thinking why don't we go out for lunch today?

He suggested but mentally face palmed when before anyone, Mukti replied.

Mukti: Yeah, why not? Let's go.

Seeing Abhi's expressions Cabir got the scene and laughed out loud while others didn't need an explanation of what happened.

Cabir: Yeah sure, Lady Bheem. Why not?

Mukti cursed herself and looked at Abhi to rescue her. Aliya let out a teasing 'Oo' from behind making Abhi playfully warn her. He then walked to Cabir and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

Abhi: Cabir Baba, Stop or else you know, you are going to need my help in future too. You know what I mean.

Cabir's eyes went wide as he processed his words. He opened his mouth to reply back but couldn't find any words. Seeing his state, others become confused. Manik came near him and closed his mouth. He turned to Abhi who had a proud smirk on his face.

Manik: Abhi, What did you actually say that the great Cabir Dhawan has no comeback?

Abhi just gave a look to Cabir who came out of his trance and stared at him before composing himself.

Cabir: It is okay, Brother in law. Before that let's help you. You know, Mukti is a tough nut to crack.

He smirked as he saw Abhi's ears turning pink.

Mukti: What are you guys whispering about?

Cabir: Nothing, Lady Bheem. We were not talking about you. I was just warning my brother-in-law.