16. Hurting Him

Manik and Nandini were sitting in Nandini's cabin. Nandini was seriously reading a file while she had given one to Manik who though had his eyes on it but wasn't reading it.

To say in simple words, his insides were doing salsa and he was trying his best to control that smile to come on his face even though happiness was evident on his face.

It was the fourth time Nandini caught him staring at the file with a half smile. He grinned but tried not to show it.

Nandini: You can smile, Mr.Malhotra. Nobody's gonna stop you.

Startled and embarrassed, Manik looked up at her only to find her eyes sticked on the file infront of her.

Manik: H-How do you know I am smiling?

She wasn't looking at him. Right? Or maybe.

Nandini looked at him this time with a slight 'I know everything' smirk and leaned back on her chair.

Nandini: Well, I am the best for a reason, Mr.Malhotra and not to forget your boss at present. So I guess experience?

Much to her surprise, Manik chuckled and ended up laughing softly making her frown.

Manik: You are too naive, Ma'am. You can fool others with your experience but not me. I am a buisnessman too, though not as good as you, but I do know how, the experience you are talking about, works.

Nandini glared at him and he just smiled much to her annoyance.

Nandini: Leave that, If you are done smiling, can we get back to work. I have given you this file to read so that we can sign a deal, not to discuss about our experience in reading expressions.

He nodded, a little embarrassed and she shook her head. He cleared his throat to compose himself and looked at his wrist watch.

Manik: Actually no, It is my lunch time.

Nandini: Yeah sure, What would you like to have for lunch, Mr.Malhotra?

She had already picked up her mobile to order lunch for them.

Manik: Can't you just call me Manik till we have lunch?

Manik was not sure how she would react to him. He kept his voice as soft as possible but as he saw the look of denial on her face, his heart broke but he tried his best not to show it on his face.

Nandini: No, I am fine with Mr.Malhotra.

Manik: Okay, No Problem.

Nandini: So, What would take in lunch?

Manik: Err, Anything would do.

Nandini rolled her eyes seeing the foodie in him coming out. He raised his eyebrow guessing what she meant by her expression. How did she know he was a foodie? However, it didn't matter as he saw her expressions turning into stern. He cleared his throat and gestured her to ho ahead. She nodded before calling Arjun and along with his lunch also asked a coffee for herself.

Manik: You should eat something rather than drinking coffee time to time.

Nandini: and who do you think you are to tell me to what to eat and what not?

She snapped back instantly.

Manik: I am sorry. I was just trying to be a little friendly.

He looked down and Nandini was going to say something when the lunch came. Manik silently started eating while sitting on the couch placed there while Nandini sipped her coffee still busy in checking files.