24. The Buried Truth

Mr.Murty: Y-You! You be-betrayed me!

Mr.Murty shouted as he tried to get up from the bed only to fall back. His body was already giving up.

Shelika: I did all this for my daughter, Nilesh! You wanted to handover everything to your children, right. Now I won't let this happen! I will rule this mansion and all the Murty property will be mine!

She laughed evily but frowned when Mr.Murty didn't even panick.

Mr.Murty: T-The property, y-you wi-will never get it!

He tried to stand up again but this time Shelika pushed him on the bed. Picking up the pillow from the side, she pressed it on his mouth, blocking his oxygen. After few minutes of continuous struggle, Mr.Murty's body went limp as his soul finally left his body.

Satisfied, Shelika ran to the washroom and ruined her makeup before coming out and starting her drama.

Within seconds, Nandini and Harshad came running there. Nandini moved to her father, asking him to wake up while Harshad stood still.

The video ended leaving everyone numb at their places. They all turned to Nandini and Harshad who were still staring at the laptop blankly.

Seeing her state, Manik moved to her before anyone else could.

Manik: Nandini?

Nandini: A-ppa!

She whispered as Manik touched her shoulder. To his surprise, Nandini turned to him and as if her mind was still processing what she saw, her lower lip wobbled before she started wailing out loud seeing which Manik immediately hid her in his embrace as she cried.

Manik: Nandini, shh Stop crying.

He tried to console her but she kept whispering Appa again and again. After few minutes, seeing her not stopping Manik forcefully pulled away and made her look at him.

Manik: Nandini, listen to me. You are strong, very strong. You can't break down and give him the pleasure to hurt you, okay?

Manik pointed to Pandit who was rolling his eyes as if there was some stupid drama going on.

Nandini: S-She killed my Appa! Did you see? Did you see? she didn't help him! She killed him! How could she! She killed him!

She shook his shoulder as he nodded his head, biting down his lower lip to control himself from crying. Tears flowed down her eyes rapidly and Manik closed his own seeing her state. He has never ever hated the site of a crying human so much. All he wanted to do was hug her tight and absorb all of her pain if that was possible.

Composing himself, he opened his eyes and wiped her tears again.

Manik: We will punish her, Nandini. I promise.

Nandini was going to say something again but before that Pandit clapped breaking their trance.

Pandit: If your drama is over, can I speak now?

Hearing him, Nandini's head snapped in his direction. All the pain and hurt transferred into anger as she pushed Manik away and walked to him.

Nandini: Y-You! How did you get this footage?

Pandit: How I got it doesn't matter, Nandini! I have my own sources. The main point is, your bestfriend- Siddarth Kapoor was aware of this all the while and he choosed to hide it from you.

Sid looked at Pandit horrified as he kept on filling Nandini's mind with all the rubbish. He walked forward to beat him more but Nandini stopped him by holding his hand.