26. Friends, are they?

The Same Day

After making sure Aliya was fine and not crying or stressing over the whole situation anymore, Cabir was passing through the corridor to go back to his room. All of the sudden he heard someone sobbing loud. He frowned and realized the sound was coming from the open window of the room he was just going to pass infront of.

He peaked from the window and his eyes softened seeing Navya sitting on the bed clutching her knees near her chest, and sobbing out loud.

Even though Cabir was aware of how Navya was wrong in all the matter, he couldn't help but feel bad seeing her crying her heart out. No human deserves this, he thought. Her each and every tear pricked his heart like a needle.

All the feelings he had in his heart for her, he named them as an attraction or later on believed he had a crush on her but today, seeing his heart breaking at the sight of her sobbing figure, he was sure it was more than that.

After having a detailed fight with his heart and mind on whether to go to her or not, his mind won and he decided not to. But then, leaving this way didn't feel right too.

Getting a paper and pen from his room, he wrote a small note for her.

As he came back near her room, he found her in the same position. Sighing, he kept the note on the floor with the pen on the top of it so it doesn't flew away. He knocked at the door before walking away.

While Navya was cursing herself for being so rude or accusing Nandini when she wasn't at fault. She always thought it was Harshad or her who were in more pain after Soha's death but today she realised nothing could compare Nandini's pain and she had wronged her bestfriend in the worst way possible.

Suddenly, a knock on her door disturbed her thoughts. Confused, she stood up and opened the door only to find the corridor empty. She looked around and was about to close the door when her eyes fell on the note kept on the floor.

She frowned but nevertheless picked it up. It read,

Crying is never going to solve your problems. So wipe those tears and earn her forgivness. I know your mistakes are big but her heart is bigger and you know it too. So don't cry, if not for anyone then atleast for her.

Yours,
Wellwisher.

Though Navya had a slight idea who it could be, she didn't want to believe it for she wasn't sure it was actually true. All these days, she had seen a certain someone looking at her in between. She had noticed him to.

The small note, made her smile despite the bad situation she was going through. Not giving it much thought, she kept the pastel blue coloured note in her drawer. She didn't know but after reading those words, she was more than determined to not cry and work to earn her bestfriend's forgivness.

Soon, thinking about all this she slept wishing for a new hopeful day.

°°°

M

ukti let out an another sigh. It had been minutes she was standing outside Abhi's room, staring at him from the small window. He had been sitting holding his head between his palms all the time.

Even though she had assured Cabir she wouldn't cross Manik's words, a small part of her was determined not to leave Abhi like this but now, when she was actually here, she couldn't bring herself up to go inside and console him.

And It was not only because she didn't know how to console him. Afterall, he was at fault to. But with that, Manik's reaction scared her too. She knew Manik would never think bad for her and then, it wasn't daily he shows his protective side like this. He had asked her something with so much right. How could she go against him?