38. Taking Risks

Time flew by easily. It had been three weeks already that Fab5 came back. They fell back in routine in a matter of few days. Although Nandini plagued Manik's mind without any doubt - he did manage to keep himself busy.

Constant meetings, signing up new deals, recording and writing up new songs, well that's how Manik kept himself busy. He was desperately waiting for Nandini to approch him. He still had that tiny hope somewhere that she will come to him but slowly, all his hopes were shattering.

Nandini didn't contact him.

And Manik was famous for being impulsive. He was more famous for making wrong decisions in upset mind. He was way more famous in ruining things due to his temper.

Yeah, Manik was an idiot because when Niyonika came to him with a wedding alliance between him and one of their business partner's daughter - Miss.Veebha Khurana - Manik said yes.

Yes, that's how stupid Manik really is.

Now, he was busy sitting in his office and checking some not so important files. He sighed when the door opened with a thud and a furious Cabir walked inside only to thump his hand on his table.

Cabir: What the fuck is fucking wrong with you, Manik?

Manik: What?

The indifference in his tone and on his face made Cabir stare at him in disbelief. Manik knew very well what was Cabir talkin' about.

Cabir: What is even wrong with you, Manik?

Manik: I don't know what are you talking about.

Cabir: Why did you agree to marry Mr.Khurana's daughter?

Manik shrugged, and as Cabir continued looking at him he couldn't help but smile sweetly at his bestfriend.

Manik: Trust me, Cabir. I know what I am doing.

Cabir shook his head in disappointment as he sat down on the chair.

Cabir: You don't get it, Manik. Mr. Khurana is such a manipulative man. Haven't you seen the way he talks? He seems so desperate to please Malhotra's. I don't understand why would you marry his daughter!

Manik: So, are you saying Aliya is manipulative, and insensitive?

Cabir: What? When did I say that?

Manik: Shelika Murty did all of that. Aliya is her daughter.

Cabir let out a huge sigh at this. He had no idea what had gotten into Manik. Did love get into his head and messed up with his system? Certainly, that was the only conclusion Cabir could come to.

Cabir: Manik, this is not only about Mr. Khurana.

Manik: then what?

Cabir: Nandini, Manik.

Manik chuckled.

Manik: Glad to see you care for her, Cabir but don't worry, all of this is for her.

Cabir: What? You marrying someone else is for Nandini?

Manik let out a laugh, shaking his head.

Manik: Yes, because Nandini is going to this wedding.

Cabir: and if she didn't?

Manik shrugged.

Manik: Then I will marry Veebha.

Cabir: Manik, you have clearly lost it. Fine, do whatever you want. You won't listen to me anyways.

With that Cabir stood up to go. Manik smiled because he knew Cabir was just being angry so he listened to him.

Cabir: And I wouldn't have said that for Veebha had she not been Niyonika's choice. Knowing how much Niyonika hates you- I know what kind of girl she would choose for you.