baby's called my happiness; soonhoon

edited (✓ )  

4.3k 

---

 of feeling lost

it wasn't a new feeling for jihoon to feel lost. it wasn't new at all.

jihoon grew up in a small town outside busan, his parents and his little sister all happily in one, two story house. jihoon's grandparents lived down the road and his best friend a street over. it was a tiny town. no more than 1500 people probably. there was one school, one church and one jihoon.

growing up in a town like jihoon's meant that everyone knew everyone. love thy neighbour was basically the towns catchphrase. jihoon could recall every street, he could recall the location of all his friends' houses. there was no place jihoon hadn't visited. it was impossible to get lost and impossible to not know at least one person within a 2 mile radius.

but when jihoon turned 19 his mother finally let go and he was open to the world. he was finally allowed to leave the town of "nothing much happens here". and jihoon suddenly discovered the feeling of being lost. jihoon knew it was a big step, going from 1500 to over 1500,000 people. jihoon knew that it would be hard, especially seeing as he was trying to be a musician in the big world of small chances.

and boy, it was beyond what he imagined. at first jihoon had no way of being broken down. no matter how many people shot him down, he kept his spirits up, in hope of some kind of break.

unfortunately it wasn't opportunity that came knocking, it was kwon soonyoung.

---

of feeling admiration

jihoon admired kwon soonyoung. not that he'd ever tell him that.

soonyoung was one of the most beautifully minded people jihoon had ever gotten the pleasure of meeting. he was resiliant, powerful and funny. he made jihoon feel like he could exhale. soonyoung lived in the apartment next to him and, being the kind hearted soul that is kwon soonyoung, came to say hi to his new neighbour a few days after jihoon moved in.

" i didn't wanna come immediatly, i thought that would be a bit sudden and might scare you away" soonyoung smiled brightly as jihoon stared at him,

"oh, i see, well thanks, do you wanna come in maybe?" jihoon offered weakly, cringing at how god awfully awkward he sounded. nevertheless, soonyoung nodded happily and stepped inside, taking his shoes off as jihoon stepped to the side. jihoon realises that maybe, just maybe he shouldn't invite someone into his house the moment he meets them, especially not in this part of the city. yet jihoon couldn't imagine the mousy haired boy from apartment 17P to do him any harm.

"you're apartment is very clean" soonyoung commented "well you did just move in so i guess that makes sense"

"yeah, this part is, my studio however is already a mess " jihoon joked as they walked into the kitchen, soonyoung taking a seat at the breakfast bar.

"you have a studio?" he questioned with wide eyes and jihoon nodded, "cool!"

"yeah, i uh moved here to persue music, i know it's farfetched and probably not going to work out but i still thought i should" jihoon explained as got him and soonyoung each a glass of water.

"i don't think its farfetched, i think it's brilliant" soonyoung commented as jihoon put the glass in down in front of him, "i think you're very brave"

jihoon gaped at him akwardly, not really sure on how to respond. soonyoung just laughed, leaning over and pushing jihoon's mouth closed.

"you'll catch flies"