spring day; a letter to my love (verkwan)

hello, its me. honestly, i don't really write anymore lol, like im so inactive hhhh. i try but i hate forcing writing. anyways, this is based on spring day by bts (obviously) and honestly, i actually wrote this for a school project (well i wrote this for someone else bc she didn't want to write it herself lmao) so i mean, might as well make it useful? idk it's stupid and basic and generic and all that, but it was something to me, it meant something to me in that moment when i wrote it, although it's not much and im far too incapable of properly expressing my feelings, this was enough to make it feel like it was mine, (eventho someone else used it but i digress) ultimately, i must add, if you're not one for stupid long descriptions and metaphors and all that jazz, maybe don't read this, i feel like it might put u to sleep :((

(also more verkwan from a boogyu shipper????????)

italics are memories / flashbacks, sorry if this is confusing sjha"

---

spring day; a letter to my love

april 8th 2019

"the days become warmer in april. the days become longer in april. although the sun shines longer and the nights feel shorter, somehow the warmth feels stuck, and i'm just looking at it from the cold. it's always winter here" he taps his heart for a moment, even though it's barely noticeable "even in august it's like december."

seungkwan's cheeks always warmed nicely when he stepped out into the sun, the drowsy days of december were finally gone and the admirable days of april were upon seoul. vernon liked watching him like this. seungkwan's always been a boy of warm weather, jeju was always so pleasant, vernon likes to believe, it made seungkwan just as, if not more, pleasant. and the days got longer in april, got longer and brighter, although, sometimes vernon thought that maybe it wasn't the sun that made the flowers bloom, but rather seungkwan's pretty gummy smile. the one that brought his cheeks up to his eyes and made his tongue peek out just a little. definitely.

"the first day of spring comes in march" vernon continues "it lets in warm wind and blooms pretty flowers. but it feels as if time is stuck, and i'm alone in the icy winter, despite the cherry blossoms that are born on the branches of trees. like the tiny dust that flies through the air, like the snowflakes that dance in the wind, i wish that i could be the snow, and reach the spring just a little faster."

"hey baby" vernon heard seungkwan breathe out over the phone, quietly but prettily, gently, he's had a long day, hansol can tell.

"hey sunshine, how was your day?"

vernon hated that he wasn't there next to seungkwan at times like these. he wished that he could just be there with him, run his fingers through seungkwan's rosey hair and promise him that tomorrow will be better. he wished that he could look at the stars with seungkwan, holding him close and reminding him that they could face anything together. but hansol looks at the stars of new york, and seungkwan at those of seoul. and although, ultimately, they're the same stars, they never feel the same.

"when will you be back?"

seungkwan always asked, vernon could never reply

"soon"

"i wish soon would come faster" .

"y'know" hansol flips the paper, "the first moments of april are gentle, the clock shifts forward and although the times change, i do not. but nevertheless, it's a pretty sight to look out on. the wind no longer howls in the night, but rather sings a soothing lullaby from time to time as it carefully treads through sleepy neighbourhoods. you used to sing to me like that. the flowers are refreshing, blooming even the places where you wouldn't expect, shedding their petals from time to time and opening when the sun greets them at dawn."