life of the party; meanie (pt1)

this is part one bc i wanna get something out for you guys cus ive been gone for so long haofafjjfoa ily guys

Legal drinking age in this is 18 instead of 21 bc I can

inspired by all time low's song life of the party

----

now, jeon wonwoo liked to believe that he was average. average - therefore updated on current events, well informed on current celebrities and musicians and pretty understanding of whatever drama is going on at university. wonwoo was sure he could tell you about any social event within the past month from back to forth. he even believed that he, too, was a part of most trends. but those are all things he just likes to tell himself. jeon wonwoo was very wrong.

it's not like he wanted to be behind in everything except for his classes, he simply doesn't care for politics, drama or even current music. wonwoo liked believing the world was an okay place and that he did not need to over analyse the current events or even the celebrity gossip.

wonwoo enjoyed music, yes, there was even a period of time where he dabbled in the art of making music. but wonwoo always preferred the indie bands that no one heard of or old rock groups his parents used to love. wonwoo, unintentionally, avoided the mainstream. he didn't exactly mean to do so but the way he was raised and how he usually was too busy with his nose in a book, the mainstream just never caught up to him.

besides wonwoo found that trying to keep up with what everyone else wanted was just too exhausting and it was a lot easier, and more fun, to simply be yourself.

despite his clueless-ness to current events, wonwoo was exceptionally smart and a very radical, yet cynical, thinker. after finishing high school he was offered 5 different scholarships all within korea as well as two in japan and three in america. as flattered as he was by the schools writing to him and complimenting him on his exceptional language skills he couldn't leave korea. not yet. there was still so much he needed to learn there, not to mention the country was known for its exceptional students.

however, jeon wonwoo liked to believe he was average. average, therefore no better than any of his peers, no more or less attractive than any of his friends and definitely not better than anyone in the world. jeon wonwoo was wrong.

at least that's what kim mingyu thought.

---

kim mingyu, or simply mingyu, was the bassist and lead vocalist of rock and rap band hhu and liked to believe that he wasn't enough. along with his two other members, they formed a rock-rap trio that had sold out plenty of stadiums nationwide. they'd started the band in high school out of pure joy and mingyu soon became elected singer after the other two called dibs on not doing it. mingyu found it easy to overwork as if to compensate for that which he thought he lacked. kim mingyu was very wrong.

he was practically still a kid when they got signed. it was hard not letting the sudden fame and money get to his head. a year after mingyu graduated they blew up even more than they had when they debuted. their dashing good looks, breathing taking flow and undeniable skill took the nation by storm and before mingyu knew it he was driving to the supermarket with his voice on the radio.

but rockstar life wasn't all it was made out to be. mingyu grew insecure and competitive with his members. seungcheol was the eldest and horribly handsome not to mention the reason why the group got together in the first place. vernon was the youngest, thus immediately getting the cute label. albeit that, vernon was unmistakenly charming with his mixed looks and quiet, yet strange, personality.

mingyu didn't know who to be, he didn't know who he was to their fans. he didn't know who he was to himself. he needed an image, he needed something to make him different from vernon and seungcheol.