1.1

Teresa ran down the stairs towards the kitchen. She gave her father a kiss in the cheek. "Hi, papá, bye, papá." Teresa said about to leave.

"You haven't had breakfast yet." The sound of her stepmothers voice stopped her from leaving. Teresa grabbed a piece of toast then showed it to her.

"Can you take Lucas with you?" Papá said. Teresa looked towards Lucas seeing him put his plate away.

"Sure." Teresa said.

"And remember to stick together." Papá reminded his daughter and stepson. Teresa kissed her father's cheek before leaving. Lucas kissed his mother's cheek and hugged his step-dad.

"How are we getting there?" Lucas asked.

"From a magical thing called ." Teresa paused gasping, "a subway."

"Ha ha ha." Lucas said.

______________

Lucas and Teresa were at the subway sitting on some of the seats next to each other. Lucas was reading a book while Teresa had her headphones plugged in listening to her music and texting a friend.

Teresa sighed, this is the second time she's moved, one to go to Texas with her dad, and now this to new York. And this time it wasn't her dad's fault. She wasn't mad at her dad when they moved to Texas, she loved it, and she had great friends.

Now she's in a new place going to a new school with new people that she doesn't know well except for Lucas.

Teresa took one side of the headphones off seeing a blonde approaching them. "Hi I'm maya. You're really cool. We should hang out sometime. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. This isn't working out. Its you, not me. We can still be friends, not really." The blonde haired girl said then left going over to a brunette and another blondish-brownish haired boy.

Not even a minute later there was a scream and the brunette landing on Lucas's lap. Teresa rolled her eyes, how do you even fall in a subway. "Hi, we were just talking about you. You used to go out with my friend, Maya." The girl said. Teresa and Lucas looked over towards Maya and the boy next to her.

"I'm Lucas, this is Teresa." Lucas said.

"I love it." The girl giggled.

"You aren't suppose to tell strangers our names, Lucas." Teresa pointed out and the girl frowned at her.

A lady came up to them, "perhaps someone would like to give up their seats to someone older?" The lady questioned. Teresa gave her a polite smile before standing up.

"No, not you." The lady said denying her offer then looking at the girl.

"Please don't make me move, I just want to see how this goes." The girl whispered to her.

"I just worked a ten hour-shift and I want to see were this goes. Okay?" The lady said slapping her butt.

"Okay." The girl said before leaving and the lady sat next to Teresa.

Suddenly the blonde boy is falling too and landed on the lady's lap. The boy smiled sheepishly. Teresa stifled a laugh. "Its for you." The lady said putting him on Teresa's lap.

"Sorry." The boy said.

"Its fine although the girls usually the one on the lap." Teresa said.

"I'm Elliot." The boy said holding his hand out. Teresa shook his hand saying nothing.