1.21

20 comments and votes for next chapter.

Family game night soon finished and soon came Maya's 14th birthday which Elliot had to tell Teresa a week before. They didn't know what to give her so they decided to work together for a gift

Teresa knocked on the Matthews' door and Elliot opened it to see her with four boxes. Elliot took two of them, raising an eyebrow at her, "four boxes? Don't you think that's too much, and we agreed on one gift."

Teresa grinned, kissing he's cheek before walking further in, ignoring what he said, "thanks, El!" Elliot's cheeks turned pink as he followed her into Riley's room.

Teresa put down the boxes on Riley's bed, Elliot doing the same. Riley was about to say something when Maya came in through the bay window. Riley sat on the bay window giving her a nicely wrapped box.

"Happy 14!" Riley happily told her.

Maya excitedly opened the box to find a smaller box inside, than a smaller one inside the other one.

"How's 14? Tell me what it's like to be fourteen, and don't leave anything out." Riley asked her, still happy for her best friend.

"So far it's a lot of work." Maya told her as she opened the box again to find a smaller one inside again.

Teresa and Elliot sat on Riley's bed looking at her amused.

"Because you know I'll be there soon and I want to know what I have to look forward to." Riley continued.

"Well if you're like me, you can look forward to your mother forgetting your birthday." Maya told her.

"Oh no, she did not!" Riley said trying to get out the window but Maya held her back saying, "Where are you going, honey?"

"Must talk to your mom."

"Must not get involved."

"Why do you tell me these things if you don't expect me to fix them?" Riley asked frowning.

Maya shrugged, "when you're fourteen you'll understand."

"Did she actually forget your birthday?" Teresa asked.

Maya looked surprised as she noticed her and Elliot, "I stopped trying to figure it out. She was already gone when I woke up this morning, she probably just took an early shift at the dinner."

"Rather than be there for your birthday?" Riley made a noise of disagreement and tried to leave again but Maya held her back. Maya opened the box to see a small black box, she opened it and smiled as she saw two friendship rings, "Riles, a friendship ring."

"Yeah."

"Two of them."

"Yeah!"

"In case I lose one." Maya continued.

"No." Riley frowned.

"Well anybody else would have just got me one." Maya shrugged.

"No."